This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of these F2P MMOs have a casual friendly end game?

#1HaxnStashPosted 2/4/2014 4:31:52 PM
I've been playing SWTOR and I like how I don't have to join Raids and Ops in order to get one of the best end game armors in the game. They have other ways of letting you get end game armor instead of countless raids and ops (mainly through 4 man group finder hard mode instances).

I'm wondering if any of these F2P MMOs have something like the above? One that lets you get end game armors in other ways instead of countless raiding.

I have:

Rift
LotRO
Tera
DC Universe Online
The Secret World

Rift being the most interesting for me and The Secret World being the least.
#2CourtofOwlsPosted 2/4/2014 4:36:10 PM
not the secret world,that's for damn sure
---
[?]
Boycott Best Buy!
#3Orestes417Posted 2/4/2014 4:38:54 PM
I'm not sure why you think you deserve the armor if you can't do the requisite content, but if I'm not mistaken you can access some of the non-progression gear from raids in Rift though alternate means.
---
Angel's wings won't you carry me home?
#4HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 4:44:14 PM
Orestes417 posted...
I'm not sure why you think you deserve the armor if you can't do the requisite content, but if I'm not mistaken you can access some of the non-progression gear from raids in Rift though alternate means.

No I don't mean I should get the best armor. In SWTOR there are the best armor that can only be gotten through raiding and ops and I'm fine with that. I'm talking about SOME end game armors like say if there are tier 1-5 end game armors, tier 5 being the best armor in the game.

In SWTOR, I could get the tier 3 armor through grinding the more manageable group instances that only requires 4 people with group finder. It takes a while to get but the option is there to grind the instances instead of joining a raid or ops. I'm talking about something like that.
#5Morph33nPosted 2/4/2014 8:58:55 PM
If Rift interests you just play it?
---
Steam ID: _morpheen
#6ricosan1988Posted 2/4/2014 10:22:10 PM
LOL at free to play mmo's. That sucks that you like them, I am sorry
#7majinbuu58Posted 2/5/2014 12:10:04 AM
Stick with TOR as all the Ops can be run by pugs. They are on my server anyways.
#8MarikhenPosted 2/5/2014 1:19:39 AM
Rift is about as "casual friendly" as mid-Wrath of World of Warcraft. Dungeon finder, a few different avenues for acquiring low-quality "end-game" gear for raiding, and then raiding. It also has its own equivalent of "daily dungeons," but you don't have to do specific dungeons, just any random dungeon, and the bonuses can be stored up to seven days worth at one per day. IOW you can run 7 random dungeons on a Saturday or Sunday and not have to worry about doing daily dungeons every day of the week lest you lose out on raiding currency. TBH never got into the raiding, but if it's anything like what I saw out of the 5-man experts and the rest of the game it's basically late BC difficulty in terms of raw instance mechanics, but it's somewhat weakened by built-in telltales similar to raiding addons such as DBM and the random party finder.

TL;DR: If you think that early Cataclysm or late BC were "casual friendly" then Rift should be fine for you. If late Wrath or the worst periods of Cataclysm/Mists are more your speed then Rift might be a little unfriendly for you. As I said though, not a raider, and I haven't played heavily since the level cap increase so I don't even really know what the new 5-mans are like. :-D
---
"Before I send them to hell, I shall let them see heaven." - Claptonvaughn, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605432-path-of-exile/68145584#11
#9DawnshadowPosted 2/5/2014 2:03:02 AM
You might want to look into Guild Wars 2-- it's buy to play (but so is TSW.) From my understanding its endgame gear progression is very casual friendly and nearly flat.
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#10ChA0TiCoNePosted 2/5/2014 8:12:25 AM
You can try Path of Exile. Although I wouldn't say its casual friendly. But you can get gear that works for end game for not a ton of effort. But getting the best gear will take a whole lot of effort and dedication. A casual player isn't gonna afford to get the best unique items and top tier rares. But depending on your build, you won't need them. Getting gear doesn't require any raiding, or even teaming for that matter. Its just that really, really good gear, is really really rare. But you can find middle of the road rares or buy them from other players for relatively cheap. And there is always the chance that you get lucky and find a big ticket item, then the choice comes to using it or selling it to buy something you need more.