This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I upgrade my PC soon, or wait?

#21MaxCHEATER64Posted 2/5/2014 12:40:05 PM
Killah Priest posted...
Kinda silly to do that, imo.

Dual (Double) Data Rate

DDDR
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#22Killah PriestPosted 2/5/2014 12:42:05 PM
DDDR

lol, I always call it Dual Data Rate but I think its "officially" Double Data Rate, hence mentioning both.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#23DiscostewSM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 12:56:14 PM(edited)
Alright, I understand.

So, what would be a good course of action from here on out? If 3DMark is an indication of what games are going to require (based on Fire Strike), then my GPU isn't enough, but if my CPU/MB/RAM are going to be a bottleneck for the GPU, then I should probably upgrade those first. But, if superior CPUs are going to come out not long after I upgrade (meaning an increase more than ~5% over the current best), then perhaps I should wait if I can stick with my current stuff a little longer. Decisions, decisions. Gaming is high on the scale for me, but I also do programming/development, and a good deal of multi-tasking with a multi-monitor setup.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#24Killah PriestPosted 2/5/2014 1:00:19 PM
Disco I PM'd you my 3dmark scores so you can compare it to yours.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#25DiscostewSM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 1:22:12 AM
Killah Priest posted...
Disco I PM'd you my 3dmark scores so you can compare it to yours.

Thanks. What sort of games have you been able to play with those specs, if you don't mind me asking? If more recent games could be played on Medium with my specs, then perhaps I'll just wait. I do hear that Nvidia is revealing a new card in March and releasing it in May, with the next possibly late this year.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project