This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any free or subscription based music services similar to Netflix...

#1hotgirlsarehotPosted 2/4/2014 9:37:22 PM
where I can create a playlist-- or several, of my favorite songs and albums and have access to any and every song? Well, as long as I pay an annual fee or a monthly fee?

I live in Canada so I don't know how limited my options are. I would gladly pay $50 a year to have access to full albums and such
#2keybladeXIIIPosted 2/4/2014 10:05:45 PM(edited)
Spotify Premium has been great for me. Although it's 10 bucks a month so you'll be paying more than 50 for a year.

IMO it's worth it though if you listen to a lot of music. You can make multiple playlists of virtually any song out there, and you can even download the songs to your phone to play them offline like in your car or while you're out for a jog. You can also search and download other people's playlists.
---
PSN: tookhster
#3CatToyPosted 2/4/2014 10:32:08 PM
You can get a no commercials subscription to Spotify for five bucks. Or you can just use Blockify, which mutes Spotify whenever a commercial comes on.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4hotgirlsarehot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 11:07:33 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
Spotify Premium has been great for me. Although it's 10 bucks a month so you'll be paying more than 50 for a year.

IMO it's worth it though if you listen to a lot of music. You can make multiple playlists of virtually any song out there, and you can even download the songs to your phone to play them offline like in your car or while you're out for a jog. You can also search and download other people's playlists.

Wait, so you can download songs? I assume these files have a programmed expiry date making them unusable, assuming one stops their subscription, correct?

I have a lot of albums, 370+. I hate to say it, most of this may or may not belong to me.
#5CatToyPosted 2/4/2014 11:16:05 PM(edited)
The downloaded music is encrypted, it can not be played without Spotify and Spotify giving consent.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#6old_school227Posted 2/4/2014 11:23:20 PM
music.xbox.com

I don't know how the subscription works, but it says you can download music with a subscription. If you have a microsoft account you're already signed up, so you might as well give it a shot.
---
It's free to play after you buy it. That's F2P genius. ~ Brutal_Felix
#7Kokuei05Posted 2/4/2014 11:28:29 PM
Grooveshark?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRqKYXcL-2U
#8ATARIJAWAPosted 2/4/2014 11:55:49 PM
old_school227 posted...
music.xbox.com

I don't know how the subscription works, but it says you can download music with a subscription. If you have a microsoft account you're already signed up, so you might as well give it a shot.

It's just the old zune service. It's 8.99 a month and you get unlimited downloads that you will have access to as long as you stay subscribed. You also get 10 songs a month you can keep forever regardless of whether or not you have an active subscription.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 112
#9LOLIAmAnAltPosted 2/5/2014 2:15:27 AM(edited)
Napster

*edit*
I have no idea how the service is now, I used it in 2006-2008

Penn State gave it to their students (Myself included) as a hope that we would not download illegally while on their WiFi or something.

It had a lot of music, was able to download it as well.
Good times.
---
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
#10wildog2006Posted 2/5/2014 6:04:21 AM
Google Music All Access
---
London-SV on Throttle Control in Gran Turismo 6 ~ ''Unless you're flooring it at every opportunity... Try to be a little more genital on the accelerator''