This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions about the Divinity Original Sin multiplayer for those that have it...

#1Skyscraper101Posted 2/5/2014 11:54:04 AM
1. Is it true that only 2 people can play together? Is there no way for a 4 person coop?

2. Is there no way to bring your own character into someone else's game? Will I at least be able to MAKE my own character on someone else's game?
#2Skyscraper101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 2:16:37 AM
bump
#3matu90rkPosted 2/6/2014 2:28:40 AM
1. Co-optimus lists the game as "4-player co-op": http://www.co-optimus.com/game/2643/pc/divinity-original-sin.html . Since the game is still in Early Access it might not have yet support for 4 players.

2. I don't think the game is balanced around other people joining with their own characters since it's more of a CRPG than an ARPG.
#4Arsene-LupinPosted 2/6/2014 4:40:13 AM
1. It's 2-player co-op and only 2-player co-op.

2. You join the OTHER person's game, and take control of one of the TWO protagonists. You will be able to customize that character, but only within the confines of the co-op game (so you can level up/farm items on your own and then move them to someone else's game). You will be stuck with whatever gear/level/abilities the other player gave your character when you start, so if you're late in the game you won't have too much freedom to customize. At the start of the game, however, you can customize anything as the game is classless.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#5Skyscraper101(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 5:26:53 AM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
1. It's 2-player co-op and only 2-player co-op.

2. You join the OTHER person's game, and take control of one of the TWO protagonists. You will be able to customize that character, but only within the confines of the co-op game (so you can level up/farm items on your own and then move them to someone else's game). You will be stuck with whatever gear/level/abilities the other player gave your character when you start, so if you're late in the game you won't have too much freedom to customize. At the start of the game, however, you can customize anything as the game is classless.

Alright, I don't quite understand what you mean by "(so you can level up/farm items on your own and then move them to someone else's game)" though. Could you explain what you mean? I can move stuff from my single player into their Co-op? Basically what I want to know is will I only be able to play when my friend is on? Is there anything I can do on my own when my friend isn't playing aside from doing my own Single player game?
#6Arsene-LupinPosted 2/6/2014 9:32:42 AM
Sorry, that was a typo. You can NOT level on your own, because you're only assuming control of the host's secondary protagonist.

You and your friend would have two separate games going. He could drop in and join your game whenever, and you can drop in and join his game whenever. Does that follow? There is no "single player" segregation. Basically, you just start a game and can invite someone to join you if you feel like it.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."