This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will we ever have another Crysis?

#1Yuri_LowelIPosted 2/5/2014 4:40:04 PM
As in a game that is way beyond it's time in terms of what it requires to fully run it?
---
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif
#2HELZEROPosted 2/5/2014 4:40:43 PM
ya
---
im on my mobile phone so excuse the cruddy spelling
#3Orestes417Posted 2/5/2014 4:41:37 PM
Not from any sane developer
---
Angel's wings won't you carry me home?
#4-CJF-Posted 2/5/2014 4:41:57 PM
It's bound to happen eventually. Although with the current trends it could be a long while... most of what we get are console ports.
#5g7g7g7g7Posted 2/5/2014 7:24:32 PM
Yes, but probably not for a while, in a couple of years P.C. hardware will be waiting for some spectacular AAA mega budget release to take advantage of all the new bells and whistles. Maybe something from the guys who make Metro:LL now that they will have better budget support, they have always pushed the limits of what is possible on a very tight budget. I always hoped that GSC and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. team would still about and have serious budgets to play with but GSC died and we will see if the team manage to finish their MMO. The biggest budget P.C. only release coming soon seems to be Star Citizen and although they talk big, it is a long time till we see the results.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#6LvthnPosted 2/5/2014 7:29:06 PM
Maybe, but I don't know that any game did that before or since. Crysis is pretty much synonymous with "no normal person has a rig that can even run this damn thing correctly at release." An awful lot of people still don't have the hardware to max it out.
#7YOeastonYOPosted 2/5/2014 9:51:43 PM
Half life 3
---
FX-9590 | Antec Kuhler h2o 1220 | ASUS 7970 | ROG Crosshair V | Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD | ROG Raidr | Antec TPQ-1200 | Antec DF-85 | AMD Radeon RG2133 |
#8arleasPosted 2/5/2014 9:58:18 PM
I think they used to make the games require a super beast of a computer to max out because that extended its life. You'd be able to run the game on all max settings maybe 5 years after the game came out and it would still look damn good compared to current games...

The thing is, if the game is moddable, usually modders take it upon themselves to create enhanced graphic mods that have the same effect without all the extra work from the devs. I think I prefer the old ways myself though (since hunting down a graphic mod is not my idea of fun and they don't always work nicely).

Half life 3

I think he meant making the game playable now but taking years to max it out, not taking decades to make the game in the first place.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#9mrCubePosted 2/5/2014 10:01:04 PM
Star Citizen
---
---
#10ukemandwnbuPosted 2/5/2014 10:20:21 PM
I've always wondered, how is it that Crytek makes Crysis (Crysis 3 was going to "melt PCs" supposedly) so difficult to max out? Can someone explain it to me?