This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I predict Telltale's Borderlands will be far more popular than Game of Thrones

#1pothocketPosted 2/6/2014 7:29:10 AM
So Telltale, a developer that gamers have been aware of for some time now, and who also made a name for themselves among the masses with their game The Walking Dead. Then they proceeded to make The Wolf Among Us, a license very few people are familiar with but it still sells because of the TT name that everyone is now aware of.

Now Walking Dead and Wolf share a lot of themes with one of TT's upcoming games, Game of Thrones. Based on the source material, I can pretty much guarantee that Thrones is going to be dark, serious, moody and terrible awful things will happen to the protagonist. In other words, more of the same.

This is where Borderlands comes in. A game with a completely different tone, one that is going to be full over the top antics, goofy/silly , colorful, and humor that'll cross the line into poor taste. It's a license that all gamers are familiar with and even a lot of non-hobby gamers are aware of, and it's completely different in tone than what TT has been doing. People are going to eat it up.

Sure, Thrones will still sell huge but Borderlands is going to be the one that has everyone talking.
#2SilentHawk29Posted 2/6/2014 7:36:51 AM
You clearly missed their Back to the Future game.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#3phy2jshPosted 2/6/2014 7:38:55 AM
What's a 'non-hobby gamer'?
#4pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 7:39:23 AM
No, I played BttF and I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.
#5pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 7:43:37 AM
phy2jsh posted...

A self explanatory term?
#6phy2jshPosted 2/6/2014 9:10:55 AM
pothocket posted...
phy2jsh posted...

A self explanatory term?

Someone who makes a living from gaming, and doesn't game at all in their spare time?
#7SilentHawk29Posted 2/6/2014 9:17:18 AM
pothocket posted...

The fact that you described it when talking about Borderlands. Your post basically says people only know them for serious stories and that Borderlands would be different due to your stated reasons, yet they already made other adventure games before TWD that weren't serious.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#8Ch3wyPosted 2/6/2014 9:21:54 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
pothocket posted...

The fact that you described it when talking about Borderlands. Your post basically says people only know them for serious stories and that Borderlands would be different due to your stated reasons, yet they already made other adventure games before TWD that weren't serious.

Most if not all of their games before TWD weren't serious.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#9MarceloSampaioPosted 2/6/2014 9:26:12 AM
Telltale was QUITE well known for their not-serious games, actually. In fact, the first Telltale game I've played was Sam and Max, and I was already waiting patiently for their reboot of Monkey Island.

Both Sam and Max and Tales of Monkey Island sold quite well, and they already had MANY games before.

BTW, TWD was NOT the first serious game made by them: the CSI games they made where quite serious too, and Jurassic Park was also a bit serious.
---
If Mario was made for PCs:
http://i.imgur.com/quKMdjB.jpg
#10pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 9:26:36 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...
pothocket posted...

I know, but that was before they made a name for themselves among the general public. Just because gamers were aware of Telltale doesn't mean they were buying up everything they made. Walking Dead changed that.

WD has a certain tone, AWAU has a similar tone, and I'm sure Game of Thrones will be more or less the same. Borderlands will be the first interactive story since they've become a big hit that will be different. (besides, BttF isn't a very good game or story)