This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Found an interesting page - SSD users with low space check this

#11SnadadosPosted 2/6/2014 3:26:16 PM
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-7-missing-hard-drive-space-have-read-other/8820a39a-4f43-4088-91dc-b8e55a4868f3?page=2

This should free up a good chunk of space as well if you're wondering where all your space went.
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
#12LvthnPosted 2/6/2014 3:26:45 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Are you guys using windows 7 or older? Didn't save much at all on windows 8. Curious if MS made some changes or if I've just not had many updates.

Make sure you choose to clean up system files, it doesn't show up by default.

Funny this got brought up, I did this last night and cleared 1.2GB. Still think there must be something I'm missing though, a manual count of folders shows about 50GB of files, yet it's showing about 100GB used on disk properties.
#13HydroCannabinolPosted 2/6/2014 3:26:52 PM
You can also disable hibernate freeing up as much space as your RAM holds.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#14DV8ingSourcesPosted 2/6/2014 3:31:15 PM(edited)
Lvthn posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Are you guys using windows 7 or older? Didn't save much at all on windows 8. Curious if MS made some changes or if I've just not had many updates.

Funny this got brought up, I did this last night and cleared 1.2GB. Still think there must be something I'm missing though, a manual count of folders shows about 50GB of files, yet it's showing about 100GB used on disk properties.

I'm not a muckaluck mang. I saved a total of 400mb and mostly from temp files.

Edit: Also your system files and other hidden files aren't always counted in the manual count. As mentioned above, a hibernation file, system restore, and cache/pagefile could be taking up some space as well. Unless you REALLY need the space I wouldn't bother fooling around with any of those.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#15LvthnPosted 2/6/2014 3:33:40 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Lvthn posted...
DV8ingSources posted...

I'm not a muckaluck mang. I saved a total of 400mb and mostly from temp files.

Edit: Also your system files and other hidden files aren't always counted in the manual count. As mentioned above, a hibernation file, system restore, and cache/pagefile could be taking up some space as well. Unless you REALLY need the space I wouldn't bother fooling around with any of those.

Yeah I'm not dying for space, it's a 250GB SSD, enough for Windoze and a handful of games currently being played, main storage is on a 2TB HDD. Mostly just annoys me to see the weird numbers and since it's a new build I'm trying to keep things nice and clean.
#16CatToyPosted 2/6/2014 3:38:22 PM
Freed about 500 on Windows 8.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#17myztikricePosted 2/6/2014 3:52:11 PM
I cleaned up system or update files on a Windows 8 machine and core sytem files like cmd.exe suddenly got deleted until I could no longer startup into Windows and I eventually had to format the entire drive.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#18DV8ingSourcesPosted 2/6/2014 3:54:57 PM
myztikrice posted...
I cleaned up system or update files on a Windows 8 machine and core sytem files like cmd.exe suddenly got deleted until I could no longer startup into Windows and I eventually had to format the entire drive.

Exactly how did you 'clean up' these files? Sounds like user error not system error. Yes I'm defending windows 8 and yes I'm blaming you for that situation.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1