This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So steam added a "Recently updated" section on their home page

#1Forever ShadowedPosted 2/7/2014 11:55:13 AM
7/10

Not a bad idea at all
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#2lost_withinPosted 2/7/2014 11:58:03 AM
Where?
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#3Mudkip57Posted 2/7/2014 12:01:11 PM
Not a bad idea, but I don't particular care about updates to games I don't own
#4cody4783Posted 2/7/2014 12:05:10 PM
lost_within posted...
Where?

Box directly above the New Releases list. Seems like it shows 3 games at a time until you click over to the news page.

It's alright, but yeah, not terribly interested in updates to EVERY game on Steam. And only showing 3 at a time is kind of eh; I just assume continue to check the main news feed for my own games.

Which developers seemed to make irrelevant recently anyway...By completely ignoring the "News" section for patchnotes and just putting the f***ing info on the Forums every time. Steam HAS A FEATURE to list updates/patchnotes (Which appear in the "Details" view for the game, in the client!), I don't want to browse to the forums to try and track down info as to why my game is updating 2GB worth of data suddenly.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#5lost_withinPosted 2/7/2014 12:11:17 PM
cody4783 posted...
lost_within posted...
Where?

Box directly above the New Releases list. Seems like it shows 3 games at a time until you click over to the news page.

It's alright, but yeah, not terribly interested in updates to EVERY game on Steam. And only showing 3 at a time is kind of eh; I just assume continue to check the main news feed for my own games.

Which developers seemed to make irrelevant recently anyway...By completely ignoring the "News" section for patchnotes and just putting the f***ing info on the Forums every time. Steam HAS A FEATURE to list updates/patchnotes (Which appear in the "Details" view for the game, in the client!), I don't want to browse to the forums to try and track down info as to why my game is updating 2GB worth of data suddenly.

Oh I see it now, thanks
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#6arleasPosted 2/7/2014 12:33:40 PM
I'm guessing this is to show which games are actively being updated vs games that have seen their last patch years ago... It's extra incentive for devs to keep updating their games since that buys them extra time on the front page (I guess). It also helps if you're looking for updates on a "Early access" title since some people would rather know they're actively updating the game before they buy into Early Access.

While I don't think I'll be browsing the "updated" page every day, it'll come in handy I'm sure...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png