This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worst PC game developer?

#1ZeroRaiderPosted 2/8/2014 11:18:48 AM
Which developer do you think does the worst job on developing PC games? - Results (157 votes)
Infinity Ward
34.39% (54 votes)
Microsoft
17.83% (28 votes)
Namco
10.19% (16 votes)
Rockstar
17.2% (27 votes)
Other (explain in comments)
20.38% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think I've narrowed it down to the top four.

Infinity Ward - routinely releases unoptimized crap; Call of Duty: Ghosts has a framerate cap of 91 FPS and no ability to modify FoV without a third party tool; yet Infinity Ward also bans players for using third party tools. Has a clear disdain for the PC gamer. Their counterpart Treyarch, on the other hand, releases Call of Duty titles with a wide variety of PC-centric features.

Microsoft - new PC releases have become increasingly scarce from this company, and every time they do release a new major title, they're trying to push some annoying gimmick like forcing you to upgrade to Windows Vista, Windows 8, or Games for Windows Live. Other than that their PC releases seem to be solid performers.

Namco - their PC releases seem to be woefully lacking in graphical customization options requiring users to come up with fixes on their own. And some of their titles cannot be fully fixed, like Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures, with a hardcoded 30 FPS framerate cap and encrypted configuration files. Other than that their titles seem to be relatively well optimized and stable. Dark Souls, Enslaved, and Pac-Man may be lacking in graphics options but crashes are rare.

Rockstar - Time and time again they give PC gamers the shaft, sometimes not releasing their games at all, or releasing them delayed. Sometimes they put out excellent PC-centric ports like Max Payne 3 and other times they put out terribly optimized garbage like GTA IV.

I looked at other studios like EA, Ubisoft, etc., but quite frankly most of their titles have pretty well-rounded PC versions with lots of goodies so I don't have much to complain about there. EA, Ubisoft, and others seem to be doing a solid job.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 2/8/2014 11:22:53 AM
No Deep Silver? your poll sucks hard
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3ZeroRaider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2014 11:25:17 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Since when does Deep Silver publish poor PC releases?

Saints Row IV is a joy to play on PC with official mod support and Metro: Last Light is the best looking FPS on the PC since Crysis. Metro is the complete opposite of a poor console port.

Your comment sucks hard.
#4Cool_Dude667Posted 2/8/2014 11:34:05 AM
ZeroRaider posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Saints Row IV is a joy to play on PC with official mod support and Metro: Last Light is the best looking FPS on the PC since Crysis. Metro is the complete opposite of a poor console port.

Your comment sucks hard.

http://deadisland.deepsilver.com/agegate.php
---
#5ThePonyColliePosted 2/8/2014 11:44:13 AM
Blizzard
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 2/8/2014 11:48:50 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Your comment sucks hard.

Riptide isn't bad. It may not be a 10/10 game, but I had LOADS of fun with it. Gameplay is great, graphics aren't bad, the blood and gore is fantastic...
---
If Mario was made for PCs:
http://i.imgur.com/quKMdjB.jpg
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 2/8/2014 11:51:35 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
ZeroRaider posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...

Your comment sucks hard.

Riptide isn't bad. It may not be a 10/10 game, but I had LOADS of fun with it. Gameplay is great, graphics aren't bad, the blood and gore is fantastic...

You never played the first one did you? lol
---
#8Nocturne190Posted 2/8/2014 12:38:20 PM
Bethesda.
Not just PC games, they just make bad games in general.
---
PSN/XBL gothicasuwung.
3770 // GTX 670 X2 SLI // 12GB RAM // BlackWidow Ultimate Mech Keyboard // Corsair M95 mouse
#9CELTEKKPosted 2/8/2014 12:44:33 PM
Nocturne190 posted...
Bethesda.

You make bad posts in general.
---
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#10a687947Posted 2/8/2014 12:51:28 PM
Nocturne190 posted...
Bethesda.

i don't think you know what a bad game is...