This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One of the most common complaints on the Oculus Rift is not seeing your hands.

#1Abiz_Posted 2/8/2014 6:31:38 PM(edited)
I don't get. Who looks at their hands while gaming? While I'm playing Skyrim, Witcher 2, Borderland 2, BF4, Dark Souls or Ducktales I'm not looking at my controller or keyboard and mouse. Do people really have this much trouble with controls they have to look at them during the game?
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#2PhilOnDezPosted 2/8/2014 6:35:13 PM
If I was playing an mmo where I wanted to chat then it'd be nice, I bought an ultra compact keyboard and typing on it is still awkward. Unless they're talking about the characters' hands in which case I agree completely. I hate when you look down in first person games and can't see your legs, not being able to see hands in a VR headset with motion/head tracking would probably freak me out.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#3dermoratrakenPosted 2/8/2014 8:04:26 PM
Can you hit key bindings on the right side without looking? Anything past L i have a hard time hitting consistently with my eyes closed. That's probably a few columns more than the majority of players.
#4ivanwind15Posted 2/8/2014 8:09:14 PM
Its more likely because your mind expects your hands to be in a certain position while you look around. Not seeing them could either cause motion sickness or break the immersion.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#5farigontiPosted 2/8/2014 8:10:04 PM
ivanwind15 posted...
Its more likely because your mind expects your hands to be in a certain position while you look around. Not seeing them could either cause motion sickness or break the immersion.

This
---
FC= 3265-4867-8550
#6pwnater777Posted 2/8/2014 8:22:39 PM
ivanwind15 posted...

While this makes sense, if your mind expects that, then why would you need to see your hands?
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7DBNULLdPosted 2/8/2014 8:26:22 PM
pwnater777 posted...
ivanwind15 posted...

While this makes sense, if your mind expects that, then why would you need to see your hands?

What...? The very definition of what causes motion sickness is that your brain and eyes disagree on what's going on.
---
Hee-ho.
#8pwnater777Posted 2/8/2014 8:28:19 PM
DBNULLd posted...
pwnater777 posted...
ivanwind15 posted...

What...? The very definition of what causes motion sickness is that your brain and eyes disagree on what's going on.

I'm saying: I can go for hours probably without even needing to glance down at the controller to see what I'm doing, so unless I were to be using a completely new controller that I'm not used to, I don't think there would be a problem.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9ivanwind15Posted 2/8/2014 8:33:06 PM(edited)
^ That's because you're not looking at your hands. The OR lets you move your head in any direction, instead of a traditional screen where you're always facing forward. So when you look down and don't see the rest of your body, that's when the problems start.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#10LvthnPosted 2/8/2014 8:31:48 PM
Isn't going to be a factor for me, I never even turn on backlighting on my keyboard.