This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Ipad to buy?

#1Viking_MudcrapPosted 2/9/2014 12:23:07 AM
Yes I know Apple sucks blah blah blah, but I just want something to take with me to school and dick around on bed/before I go to sleep.

I own a Windows based tablet, but I hate it. Windows is no good at all with Touch Screen. Their app store sucks ass and it just pisses me off whenver I use it. It was a mistake and waste of money, so to ease my rage I am giving it to my sister at Panama, so I never have to see that waste of $720.00 again.

I have a Note 3 for a phone, so I don't want an Android base tablet and I have a gamin PC for my my Windows need. I also have a Laptop that I just need to open up and clean the fan, but I am too lazy to do that right now.

So an Ipad it is. Easy to use, plenty of apps to kill time and portable enough.

The thing is I don't know which one to get. I don't mind buying from Craiglist, but the thing is that I have no idea what the difference is between Ipads. I know the newest one is Ipad Air, but besides that I know nothing about Ipad and what makes the other ones better than the previous, so input is nice.

I've money to buy a new one, but saving money is always better than spending.
---
4484-8357-2700
Trainer Name: Saga
---
4484-8357-2700
#2Benjamin_ButtonPosted 2/9/2014 12:34:21 AM
buy an ipad 4 or air like me and play DS and PSX games in it ftw
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#3Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 12:37:08 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
buy an ipad 4 or air like me and play DS and PSX games in it ftw

Is there any reason why I should get an Ipad Air as oppose to any other Ipad?

I kinda wanted a 32 GB Ipad Air, but screw $600.

I think $500 is my limit.
---
4484-8357-2700
#4Benjamin_ButtonPosted 2/9/2014 12:39:26 AM(edited)
air is lighter and has a better processor for emulation

if ur not gona emulate then ipad 4 is a bit heavier but runs all iOS games like butter

edit: actually ipad 4 will emulate PSX w/o probs. I just remembered i beat Suikoden II and FFIX on my ipad 4 no issues whatsoever. It will chug on DS games tho...
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#5Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 12:48:04 AM
Umm so the only difference between Air and 4 is the processor and weight?

I can get a 32GB from Amazon for $470 which is not too bad.

I enjoy the thought of lower weight with the Air, but I would probably end up buying some nice case, defeating the porpouse of the low weight.
---
4484-8357-2700
#6betatechPosted 2/9/2014 2:13:04 AM(edited)
In regards to emulation, remember that generic emulators (i.e. ones where you can use any ROM/ISO) are only available if you jailbreak.

So unless you are willing to JB don't bring them into the equation. In fact you're better off just sticking with Android as these are usually available on the Play Store or at least can be side loaded.

One other POSSIBLE advantage I can think in regards to the air is that it has a 64bit processor so knowing Apples attitude to support it could be supported longer if they suddenly decide to only support 64bit (I think they did something similar to 32bit EFI mac systems). But it's a gamble.

One thing you could do is make a list of everything you want the ipad to do and ask how well either runs them.

Viking_Mudcrap posted...
I enjoy the thought of lower weight with the Air, but I would probably end up buying some nice case, defeating the porpouse of the low weight.

But then you would probably do the same for the ipad 4 so the relative weight difference remains the same.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#7EpicKingdom_Posted 2/9/2014 1:58:08 AM
NO, don't buy an ipad, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#8akuma634Posted 2/9/2014 2:15:27 AM
I don't know why you wouldn't an android device. My gripe with the iPad is how restrictive iOS is. You can't even simply drag and drop files to it, it's this whole confusing ass backwards process through iTunes and you'll need to find apps that create a backdoor to put files that aren't approved on the device. With an android based tablet you just plug it in, drag and drop files, and you're set.
---
PSA: Overrated doesn't mean that something popular is bad just because you didn't like it.
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#9schadowPosted 2/9/2014 4:38:34 AM
akuma634 posted...
I don't know why you wouldn't an android device. My gripe with the iPad is how restrictive iOS is. You can't even simply drag and drop files to it, it's this whole confusing ass backwards process through iTunes and you'll need to find apps that create a backdoor to put files that aren't approved on the device. With an android based tablet you just plug it in, drag and drop files, and you're set.

Please provide some relevant examples.
---
MageofBlood391 posted...
GameFAQs: Because if all else fails, you can always argue semantics.
#10Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 11:03:27 AM
akuma634 posted...

Well my phone is a Note 3, which is basically an Android Tablet, and to be honest i woulndt be surprise it performs better than most Android Tablets.
---
4484-8357-2700