This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Ipad to buy?

#11hitokiri13Posted 2/9/2014 10:21:31 AM
I got an Ipad 5c. It's really good Ipad for the size and price. Surprisingly it has phone capabilities but it's really small for a tablet though.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#12x_stevey_xPosted 2/9/2014 10:26:17 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
buy an ipad 4 or air like me and play DS and PSX games in it ftw

or buy a ds used for 20 bucks
#13betatechPosted 2/9/2014 10:40:13 AM
x_stevey_x posted...

I didn't know that the DS had a good PS1 emulator.
---
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
#14Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 11:00:53 AM
hitokiri13 posted...
I got an Ipad 5c. It's really good Ipad for the size and price. Surprisingly it has phone capabilities but it's really small for a tablet though.

I know i definitely dont want a mini one,
---
4484-8357-2700
Trainer Name: Saga
#15Golden MavenPosted 2/9/2014 11:54:52 AM
I have an iPad Air and absolutely love it. Yes, I know, Apple tax. But damn it, it really is the best tablet out there. You could get an Android tablet for a fraction of the price, but it wouldn't be as luxurious.

Also, this might just be me, but Androids give me a headache for some reason... Whereas I can use my iPad for long periods without any reaction.

Up to you. I know a lot of people are happy with Androids. Personally, I'm willing to pay the Apple tax in this case. I wouldn't for their desktops or laptops, but they really mastered tablets with everything else being a mere substitute.
#16Grunt40Posted 2/9/2014 11:57:53 AM
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
Well my phone is a Note 3, which is basically an Android Tablet, and to be honest i woulndt be surprise it performs better than most Android Tablets.

No. I have a Note 3 which I love to death, but it is nothing close to an Android tablet, I'm sorry. Performance wise, I'm sure it's close to any high-end tablet today (including the iPad 4/Air), but a tablet's functionality comes (mostly) from the larger screen size, not the processing speed. If you want a functioning tablet that's not restrictive on what you do right out of the box but still lighting fast, go with an Android tablet. If not, go with the iPad. If you plan on wanting to drop files into your iPad though, you're gonna have to deal with iTunes, which to me is one reason why I'll never use Apple products.
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#17Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 12:17:33 PM
Thanks for all the advice, but to be honest i dont really want an android since i will prpbably upgrade my Note to the Mega in a few months.

One more question, is the 16GB enough?

I doubt ill put any music in it and for files maybe a few word document , a book or two and some PP files.

I will probably install a bunch of apps to play around, so im unsure whether to just spend $500 and get a 16GB or pay $100 for 16GB more.
---
4484-8357-2700
Trainer Name: Saga
#18staticxtreme5Posted 2/9/2014 2:49:47 PM(edited)
If your dead set on an iPad, 16gb is plenty if your just using basic apps. If you want to game on it very much, I would definitely go with more. Some games can be 2gb+ from what I can remember. I'd also recommend more space if you store movies and music on your device. That will blow through the storage as well.

I would agree with just about everyone here though, that android makes for a much better tablet. Removable storage, much less restrictive, easier to load and unload files and other stuff from, and uses your same google account so everything you've bought you don't have to rebuy on iOS.
#19x_stevey_xPosted 2/10/2014 12:25:27 PM
betatech posted...
x_stevey_x posted...

I didn't know that the DS had a good PS1 emulator.

i didn't know an ipad had a good one either