This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Magicka: Wizard Wars randomly appeared into my steam account, how is it?

#1SoulreaperX112Posted 2/9/2014 1:00:23 PM
Is this some sort of free to play game? I noticed that i had a games folder in my steam library yesterday(i did not before because i did some organization) and that game was in there. One of my friends mentioned buying some magicka game for people(was talking to at the time i noticed the game and asked him what it was). I don't remember receiving any gift message and checking my account details does not show any transactions/complimentary/gifts for this game...

I vaguely remember hearing something about a free weekend or at least some magicka game going free to play but just curious what is(some sort of moba?). It looks interesting enough to a point where i might try it out but apparently its early access so i would probably rather wait when most of the problems and bugs are fixed.
#2ygfbvPosted 2/9/2014 1:03:46 PM
you got it for owning mount & blade

it's pvp magicka/an early access game.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/ygfbv.jpg
#3LiquidDeePosted 2/9/2014 1:04:54 PM
You got this because you own at least one Mount & Blade game.I think it's in beta right now and will be f2p.

I tried to play it a few times it but i couldn't connect,so i don't know if it's any good.
#4calcyclePosted 2/9/2014 1:08:48 PM
I like the original Magicka more

I play it for the PvE with friendly fire, not for competitive PvP
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#5SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 1:09:01 PM
Oh ok thats cool i guess lol. I know some people with mount and blade so i might have to try it out with them and see how it is. Thanks for the quick response.
#6SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 1:10:38 PM
calcycle posted...

I got magicka from the humble bundle a while back but i did not redeem it to my account yet(thought it was was from that at first). What type of game genre is it?
#7calcyclePosted 2/9/2014 1:22:22 PM
SoulreaperX112 posted...
calcycle posted...

I got magicka from the humble bundle a while back but i did not redeem it to my account yet(thought it was was from that at first). What type of game genre is it?

action game where you combine elements to make spells. You and 3 other people fight enemies(orcs, goblins, creatures) on an adventure. The special part is that the game has friendly fire always on, so you are just as likely to kill your teammates as you are your enemies. Luckily there are a load of special "magicks" such as revive to help you out.

Wizard Wars tries its own take on mobas and the like. It's territorial control with minions and your magicks have a cool down. Instead of combining 6 elements you can only combine 3 and the general power of your weapons have been reduced to make it competitively balanced. They took what was fun (using OP spells against your enemies and teammates) and turned it into something that just isn't as fun.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#8KidInTheHallPosted 2/9/2014 1:28:47 PM
You should ask Cody....oh wait....
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#9SoulreaperX112(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 1:29:36 PM
calcycle posted...
SoulreaperX112 posted...
calcycle posted...

action game where you combine elements to make spells. You and 3 other people fight enemies(orcs, goblins, creatures) on an adventure. The special part is that the game has friendly fire always on, so you are just as likely to kill your teammates as you are your enemies. Luckily there are a load of special "magicks" such as revive to help you out.

Wizard Wars tries its own take on mobas and the like. It's territorial control with minions and your magicks have a cool down. Instead of combining 6 elements you can only combine 3 and the general power of your weapons have been reduced to make it competitively balanced. They took what was fun (using OP spells against your enemies and teammates) and turned it into something that just isn't as fun.

I can see many of the fans of the series being fairly upset about wizard wars in that regard. There are far too many game series where i have stopped playing because they were gutted of the aspects i really enjoyed to make something not as appealing.
#10Born LuckyPosted 2/9/2014 1:42:16 PM
It feels like a mini game in a larger game, except . . . there is no larger game.

I can't see how anyone could play this more than a few times without dropping it.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot