This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Selling Older PC Games

#1HaloPosted 2/9/2014 5:12:16 PM
I've been going through a number of old boxes trying to get rid of stuff I don't need that is just taking up space and I came across a number of old PC games that I haven't touched in years.

I was wondering if there was a market for these at all and if it would be worth my time to work on selling them or to just bring them in somewhere that takes old games, or even donate them.

The vast majority of them do not include the original box but most do have the instructions and disc case/holder that game with the game.

Here is the list of games:

Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
American McGee's Alice
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Clive Barker's Undying
Command & Conquer: Renegade
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Darkstone
Descent
Descent 2
Descent 3: Sol Ascent
Descent Freespace: The Great War
Deus Ex
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Fallout Tactics
Max Payne
Mechwarrior 3
Planescape Torment
Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor
Quake
Quake (two copies for some reason)
Sarcifice
Soldier of Fortune: Gold Edition
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force
System Shock
System Shock 2
The Longest Journey
Tribes 2
Unreal
Unreal 2: The Awakening
Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption
---
May the water you find in the desert not shine at you in the dark.
#2-CJF-Posted 2/9/2014 5:19:28 PM
Some of those games sell for a good bit still, but the condition will have an effect on the final price. For example, I think Alice goes for around $20 on Amazon, but that may be partly because there really isn't a digital version of the game available.
#3JenfromwinPosted 2/9/2014 5:20:43 PM
I'm in same boat I have tons of older pc games not sure if its worth the time to try to sale since so much are digital these days. But all mine are in perfect condition with boxes manual the works.
#4SlaynPosted 2/9/2014 5:25:21 PM
I don't think so man.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#530aught6Posted 2/9/2014 6:11:52 PM
Jenfromwin posted...
I'm in same boat I have tons of older pc games not sure if its worth the time to try to sale since so much are digital these days. But all mine are in perfect condition with boxes manual the works.

Some are worth quite a bit. If what you say is true, and all of your games have boxes and are complete, in minty condition, then you could get a decent sum of cash for them.

It largely depends on the games you have, and how rare / desirable they are.

Some valuable game:
Blood; (at least) $75.
Commander Keen; $100+.
Secret of Monkey Island, (at least) $75.
Doom and Doom II; (at least) $50-$100.
Resident Evil; (at least) $150.
Quake; (at least) $75.
System Shock 2; $100.
Fallout; (at least) $75.
Grim Fandango; $100 or more.
Baldurís Gate; $100 or more.
Half-LIfe; $30-$75.
Ultima V; $80-100
NHL Hockey; $25-$50.
Kings Quest; $100+
Cannon Fodder; $50.
Sensible Soccer; $85.

I don't feel like typing any more games, but you can check around auction sites and game collecting forums if you want more info.
---
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |
#6Fade2black001Posted 2/9/2014 6:18:41 PM
30aught6 posted...
Jenfromwin posted...

Some are worth quite a bit. If what you say is true, and all of your games have boxes and are complete, in minty condition, then you could get a decent sum of cash for them.

Some valuable game:
Blood; (at least) $75.
Commander Keen; $100+.
Quake; (at least) $75.
System Shock 2; $100.
Fallout; (at least) $75.
Half-LIfe; $30-$75.
Ultima V; $80-100
NHL Hockey; $25-$50.
Kings Quest; $100+
Cannon Fodder; $50.
Sensible Soccer; $85.

I don't feel like typing any more games, but you can check around auction sites and game collecting forums if you want more info.

Where do you get these prices from? Theres no way Baldur's Gate is worth 100 bucks.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#730aught6Posted 2/9/2014 6:27:00 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
30aught6 posted...
Jenfromwin posted...

Some valuable game:
Blood; (at least) $75.
Commander Keen; $100+.
Quake; (at least) $75.
System Shock 2; $100.
Fallout; (at least) $75.
Half-LIfe; $30-$75.
Ultima V; $80-100
NHL Hockey; $25-$50.
Kings Quest; $100+
Cannon Fodder; $50.
Sensible Soccer; $85.

Where do you get these prices from? Theres no way Baldur's Gate is worth 100 bucks.

I've seen every one of these games go for the price I mentioned or more, recently.
---
| i7-3930K | MSI BB-XP II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | TT Grand 1200W | SG 240GB SSD | WD 4TB HD | Fractal XLR2 |
#8pwnater777Posted 2/9/2014 6:27:34 PM
If Deus Ex has the box and everything it came with, I'm sure that'd be of real value. Especially if it's pre-GOTY.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#9JenfromwinPosted 2/9/2014 6:29:17 PM
Just checked on Baldur's Gate and its like 99 cents so yea those prices are little inflated.
#1030aught6Posted 2/9/2014 6:30:15 PM
pwnater777 posted...
If Deus Ex has the box and everything it came with, I'm sure that'd be of real value. Especially if it's pre-GOTY.

Worth around $50, if everything is mint.
---