This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a single MMO that requires subscription and isn't pay2win or converting

#71KeyeszxPosted 2/9/2014 10:18:25 PM
Phantasy star online 2. but no pvp.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#72Edavy89Posted 2/9/2014 10:25:45 PM
Your options at this point are to wait for the following games...

Archeage
Pathfinders Online
Star Citizen
And everquest next.

those are all most likely to come out this year or early next.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#73Itz_N0_M3RCY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 2:28:47 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Your options at this point are to wait for the following games...

Archeage
Pathfinders Online
Star Citizen
And everquest next.

those are all most likely to come out this year or early next.

lmao star citizen has a button to turn pvp off

and archeage is p2w i heard
#74Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/10/2014 3:16:56 PM(edited)
Archage is f2p with a ton of p2w ( The reason is that you can buy items that regenerate your labor points, so if you want to compose songs, craft a lot, build a house, build a boat in any reasonable time frame, you will probably have to buy those items to keep replenishing your labor points. Maybe not p2w as much as it is the awful facebook model of "buy more mcguffins to keep doing things that require mcguffins!" style), and I wouldn't put much faith in it anyway. Everyone I know who's playing it is solidly underwhelmed. It sounds like the awful korean MMO style bads outweigh the potential goods.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#75clowningPosted 2/10/2014 3:07:32 PM
Itz_N0_M3RCY posted...
Edavy89 posted...
No, there isn't. Although the whole mentality that f2p must be pay2win and is garbage is ludicrously stupid, and likely means you will never see what you are looking for, ever.

there is not a single good f2p mmo

"Good"...according to you, I suppose.

every single one lets you buy ingame advantages like xp boosts or items.

Those only help you lvl faster, they do not confer pvp benefits, and are not p2win items.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#76Worknofun370Posted 2/10/2014 3:20:24 PM
Alitheiaa posted...
Play a better genre.

I spent 10 years of my life looking for a MMO that I could fully enjoy and never found one. I played at least a hundred including a good handful of subscription based games. It just always ends in grind and inevitable boredom. :|

You spent 10 years of your life playing 100+ MMOs while not really liking the genre or finding a single one you fully enjoyed.

Yeahhh... hyperbole much?
#77Worknofun370Posted 2/10/2014 3:22:18 PM
clowning posted...
Itz_N0_M3RCY posted...
Edavy89 posted...
No, there isn't. Although the whole mentality that f2p must be pay2win and is garbage is ludicrously stupid, and likely means you will never see what you are looking for, ever.

Of course his definition of "good" is according to him.

Do you understand how opinions work?
#78clowningPosted 2/10/2014 3:26:57 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
clowning posted...
Itz_N0_M3RCY posted...
Edavy89 posted...

My point is this: his "good" claim is meaningless, because we have no idea how he determines "good" in this case. Next time think before making stupid remarks.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#79Worknofun370Posted 2/10/2014 3:31:46 PM
clowning posted...
Worknofun370 posted...
clowning posted...
Itz_N0_M3RCY posted...
Edavy89 posted...

My point is this: his "good" claim is meaningless, because we have no idea how he determines "good" in this case. Next time think before making stupid remarks.

I'm the one making stupid remarks? Ha, you're the guy who doesn't understand opinions apparently. :)
#80clowningPosted 2/10/2014 3:34:11 PM
Worknofun370 posted...

I'm the one making stupid remarks? Ha, you're the guy who doesn't understand opinions apparently. :)

You have no idea what I just said, do you? Nevermind.
---