This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Batman Arkham games better with a controller or kb and m?

#1Spawn_LOLsPosted 2/9/2014 8:21:05 PM
Topic!
#2MasterDonGeroPosted 2/9/2014 8:24:13 PM
Personal preference.
---
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#3keybladeXIIIPosted 2/9/2014 8:30:08 PM
I think it's a tie. On one hand, left click to hit and right click to counter feels so smooth and natural. On the other hand, pretty much everything else felt better on the gamepad for me(gadgets, gliding, etc.).
---
PSN: tookhster
#4Jprime666Posted 2/9/2014 8:32:08 PM
I played through half of asylum with keyboard before switching over to controller for the rest of the series. Needless to say I prefer controller for them.

It is preference though. The controllers can be fully rebound if you use keyboard iirc

I prefer kbm for First person games, rts, any third person game where shooting is the main of combat, and some types of RPGs.

Controller for the rest.
---
Zvarri!
#5AcquirePosted 2/9/2014 8:33:32 PM
Controller. It's playable with a keyboard and mouse, but I don't see why anyone would prefer it. It's a third person action game and the game was designed to be played with a controller.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#6Ryuga_HazakiPosted 2/9/2014 8:38:47 PM
What ab0ut Max Payne 3? The KB & M were great
#7SUPER3METROIDXPosted 2/9/2014 8:39:23 PM
I'd say controller. Only having the 4 directions of wasd is limiting compared to an analog stick. Plus the gadget keys go all the way down the number row so it becomes rather frustrating to try to double press the 9 key while also holding down 3 other buttons to try and maneuver during a fight. Mouse is cool and all but doesn't really matter for this game, you rarely actually need to aim for something and when you do it's usually not time sensitive.
#8Spawn_LOLs(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 8:51:53 PM
Do you think a PS2 controller will be good enough then?

Also i just played Arkham Asylum when it released (with kb and m and found it amazing, but i didnt have a controller back then). So knowing that Origins is a prequel, which do you guys recommend to play next, City or Origins?
#9calcyclePosted 2/9/2014 8:56:47 PM
Spawn_LOLs posted...
Do you think a PS2 controller will be good enough then?

Also i just played Arkham Asylum when it released (with kb and m and found it amazing, but i didnt have a controller back then). So knowing that Origins is a prequel, which do you guys recommend to play next, City or Origins?

Go in order, City then Origins. There is a smaller leap in improvement from City to Origins in Comparison to Asylum to City and as such it will be more comfortable.

Some things in Origins are different, and maybe even worse(combat was altered a little, you aren't the invincible god you are in City), than in City but Origins is still a good game.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#10sonic_man00Posted 2/9/2014 9:38:47 PM
Gamepad. Feels weird with KB + M.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.