This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm going to build a PC...

#1Marshall_LawPosted 2/9/2014 10:46:01 PM
Submerged in mineral oil. Another topic on here mention these and omg I must do this. I've never built a PC before but I'm good with electronics. I'm going to start if with a very basic build and newegg has like a $170 package for a lil BS dual core set up. Is this the best way to go about purchasing the parts? Aside from the actual parts will I need any special tool?
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#2SonyHoundDawgPosted 2/9/2014 10:47:13 PM
All you really need is a screwdriver, one that has a magnetic tip can be helpful.
#3SlaynPosted 2/9/2014 11:37:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Blobs_Posted 2/9/2014 11:41:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Marshall_Law(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 11:45:46 PM
Don't know why people intentionally give out bad info to others
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#6Blobs_Posted 2/9/2014 11:50:26 PM
Marshall_Law posted...

a) you're on the internet
b) you're on the internet
c) you're on the internet
d) you're on the internet
---
is haha
#7EpicKingdom_Posted 2/10/2014 12:20:27 AM
Marshall_Law posted...

It's a misunderstanding. I think he meant to suggest Windex.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#8ukemandwnbuPosted 2/10/2014 1:28:58 AM
Submerging a PC in mineral oil is new to me. First time I ever heard of such a thing. How does it work? Do most people do this? I'm planning on getting into PC gaming in the near future, and I would like to know if this is a necessary process of building a custom gaming PC.
#9Blobs_Posted 2/10/2014 1:59:16 AM
ukemandwnbu posted...
Submerging a PC in mineral oil is new to me. First time I ever heard of such a thing. How does it work? Do most people do this? I'm planning on getting into PC gaming in the near future, and I would like to know if this is a necessary process of building a custom gaming PC.

Not a lotta people do this. It's messy and a bit expensive. I also might add it looks very silly.

If you're just getting into PC gaming, you probably won't want to start with a custom cooled mineral oil PC.
---
is haha
#10LvthnPosted 2/10/2014 2:07:44 AM
ukemandwnbu posted...

...assuming you're serious.

No, almost nobody does this. It's something for the 0.01% who want insane overclocks on absolute top of the line parts. It costs a lot more, requires a lot more work, and has a lot more opportunities for mistakes.

Basically if you're at a tech level where you ask if this is something you should do, you emphatically should not.