This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I'm going to build a PC...

#11turtlebeach21Posted 2/10/2014 3:36:54 AM
don't cheap out on the power supply unit make sure its a good make like corsair and check reviews on the one you choose
#12KalammerPosted 2/10/2014 4:20:13 AM
Lvthn posted...
It's something for the 0.01% who want insane overclocks on absolute top of the line parts.

That would be incorrect. Insane overclocking, i.e. for world records, is done with Liquid Nitrogen. Mineral Oil has poor thermal conductivity which makes it a significantly worse coolant than water. Mineral Oil's only advantage is that it isn't electrically conductive.

Submerging a system in mineral oil is done for looks, not performance.
---
"My job isn't to offer help in the way that you mean." - Boogiepop
#13Flaktrooper123Posted 2/10/2014 5:07:50 AM
The guy who used mineral oil submersion is just one of the few crazy people. I don't suggest you do that unless you are a hardcore overclocker. Warranty go to hell for sure and once you put things in, you probably can't get it out.
#14Marshall_Law(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 7:19:09 AM
It's not as expensive everyone thinks and you can still OC quite a bit with mineral oil. I'm not going to build a 3k dollar mega pc in it. I'm just going to invest about a 1k just to have something to download and stream from and as the attention getter it so obviously is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtufuXLvOok&sns=em
---
Six up never switch up Love, Life, loyalty, knowledge,wisdom,understanding. PSN kenjamin69
#15ukemandwnbuPosted 2/12/2014 3:41:33 PM
Sorry about my naivety. As was suggested, I'm still in the beginning stages of learning about PC gaming.

After watching that video, now I see what submerging a PC in mineral oil is. Lol, It looked cool but I can see why most people don't do it. Seems like an ambitious project, TC, and I hope everything works smoothly for you.