This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Gems

#1RoutineInsanityPosted 2/10/2014 4:39:10 AM
Looking to boost my library.

can anyone point out some hidden gems Steam has to offer?

I'm into pretty much anything but mostly play action/adventure, RPG, MMO, shooters, and survival games.

recently gave Rust a try and I love it.....well...when i'm not getting shot in the back while gathering wood.

Also found Infestation to be quite enjoyable (again....if i can avoid getting shot in the back while gathering supplies)

looking into DayZ...but not entirely sold on it yet.
---
ASRock z87 Extreme3 / i5-4670K / 8GB Vengence / Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 / Samsung 120GB SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD / Windows 8 / Asus VG23AH
#2RoutineInsanity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 4:45:35 AM
And 7 Days to Die looks like it might be fun. anyone have any experience with it?
---
ASRock z87 Extreme3 / i5-4670K / 8GB Vengence / Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 / Samsung 120GB SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1T HDD / Windows 8 / Asus VG23AH
#3maybecallsPosted 2/10/2014 4:46:16 AM
Mount and Blade Warband
#4TropicMoon10Posted 2/10/2014 4:48:47 AM
You found Infestation enjoyable? That's an...unpopular opinion.

If you're into side scrollers I highly recommend Hell Yeah. It has really funny dialogue and satisfying action. Shadow Warrior 2013 is awesome and while it's not quite 'hidden' I feel it doesn't get the attention it deserves.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#5RoutineInsanity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 4:53:17 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
You found Infestation enjoyable? That's an...unpopular opinion.

If you're into side scrollers I highly recommend Hell Yeah. It has really funny dialogue and satisfying action. Shadow Warrior 2013 is awesome and while it's not quite 'hidden' I feel it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

I've got Shadow Warrior, really fun hack and slash.

I know my opinion on Infestation isn't the popular one, but it's a nice little $15 distraction. The dynamics are a little off (very difficult to survive a melee encounter with more than one zombie) but it's a fun...decent looking game. not something i can sit and play from sun up to sun down....but it's fun for an hour or two.
---
#6TimePharaohPosted 2/10/2014 4:58:10 AM
So basically you like playing the identical terrible game with different names?

Try the Assassins Creed series
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#7RoutineInsanity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 5:24:47 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
So basically you like playing the identical terrible game with different names?

Try the Assassins Creed series

Already have them on Playstation and really don't want to re-buy anything.

And you can't really say that the games are terrible unless you've played them. I went into Infestation with an open mind (even though it got horrible reviews all around) and i'll admit...it's not a FANTASTIC GAME....but it's a nice little distraction if i don't have enough time to get lost in something else. And Rust i went into almost completely blind (only thing i had heard about it was that it was a more adult version of Minecraft) and I love it (although it gets frustrating having to find ways to dodge the vets that have a military like arsenal)

I'm a survival horror fan, and i haven't had much luck finding a good survival horror game, so i jump at what's available.
---
#8biohazard1775Posted 2/10/2014 8:22:56 AM
La Mulana
---
http://i.imgur.com/AuuOUVo.png
#9Ch3wyPosted 2/10/2014 8:25:24 AM
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is a nice hidden gem.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#10SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 8:28:18 AM
maybecalls posted...
Mount and Blade Warband

This

And lol at infestation, that's just a scam run by known scam artists.

Have any Nigerian princes contacted you? I hear some of them have a dead relative and need some money to get the paperwork through, and in return they will send you half their fortune.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence