This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wonder Woman as a main character in a game of her own....

#1jaymefilhoPosted 2/10/2014 9:37:19 AM
I was watching Justice league war yesterday.... and I realized that with the proper treatment wonder woman (or Diana for shorts) could be put in a game just as good as God of War with little effort... She already lives in a full world full of mythological creatures like Gorgons, Harpies, Minotaur, Gods.... and she already is one of the greatest comic book brawlers, so... why anyone never thought about that?
#2KidInTheHallPosted 2/10/2014 9:41:13 AM
I love Wonder Woman's fighting style. Her and Black Canary are awesome to watch fight. I'd buy a Wonder Woman game if done right.

She's bad ass in this fight with Superwoman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=le0l5Pb1I0g#t=116
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Samsung 830 128GB | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#3popping4itPosted 2/10/2014 9:46:49 AM
as much as woman want to cry equality when these types of games they're all but ignored upon release. so basically theres no point to pander to trying to reach some weird politically correct ratio due to some built up guilt. look at remember me, beyond good and evil or mirrors edge all sold terribly.

yes mirror edges sold far less than EA's expectations.
---
whens mahvel?
#4DerPancakePosted 2/10/2014 9:51:46 AM
popping4it posted...
as much as woman want to cry equality when these types of games they're all but ignored upon release. so basically theres no point to pander to trying to reach some weird politically correct ratio due to some built up guilt. look at remember me, beyond good and evil or mirrors edge all sold terribly.

What about Tomb Raider?
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#5popping4itPosted 2/10/2014 9:54:14 AM
DerPancake posted...
popping4it posted...

What about Tomb Raider?

its a bit different because tomb raider is a establish IP which was popularized through the use of sexuality. so not really the same kind of thing.
---
whens mahvel?
#6DerPancakePosted 2/10/2014 9:55:56 AM
popping4it posted...
DerPancake posted...
popping4it posted...

What about Tomb Raider?

its a bit different because tomb raider is a establish IP which was popularized through the use of sexuality. so not really the same kind of thing.

Look at Wonder Woman she shows more skin than the old Tomb Raider.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mng6Lqf.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/mxvh3ut - Taylor Swift: Queen of Pop.
#7BcowmanPosted 2/10/2014 9:56:08 AM
popping4it posted...

Where did this even come from?
They just said that a Wonder Woman game could be good.
#8pothocketPosted 2/10/2014 10:02:01 AM
popping4it posted...

And Portal did far better. What's your point?
#9popping4itPosted 2/10/2014 10:04:42 AM
pothocket posted...
popping4it posted...

And Portal did far better. What's your point?

she was essentially genderless because she was mute.
---
whens mahvel?
#10jaymefilho(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 10:06:15 AM
Just follow me for a second here....
Just like Tomb Raider for example or even Heavenly Sword, the developers could explore the sexuality of the character a bit without being "X Rated". It could be for example in finishing moves, quick time events, mini games, some special movements or poses during the fight...
But the main thing is... the character already has a whole world built that it is easy to explore! Think of the possibilities of fighting with the lasso or a shield or a sword, spear, or even bare handed. And done properly, the use of the bracelets to repel attacks could be something awesome! It can have several DLCs with different skins like classic outfit, battle armor....
So.... Just as I said... and that is just my opinion, I think it is a character that has a potential equal to if not greater as Batman for games, and is not being used! It is being left aside....