This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wonder Woman as a main character in a game of her own....

#21Ch3wyPosted 2/10/2014 10:30:59 AM
popping4it posted...
Ch3wy posted...
popping4it posted...

you're just making a failing argument like someone whos falling off a cliff but yelling something before losing their grip. sure the cleavage is there but her design is exactly correct as i stated.

she would look good in a turtle neck though.

She doesn't wear a turtle neck though. That cleavage was put their on purpose in order to popularize her character through sexuality.

this actually makes me happy to hear because now you're falling into the trap. making some generalized assumption like this would infuriate the very group you seem to be trying to defend. woman would argue that cleavage is used as a form of empowerment.

I'm not defending any group, I'm attacking your ludicrous argument that Tomb Raider is an exception to the women as a protagonist in videogames thing.

The only thing cleavage empowers is my dick.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#22SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 10:33:05 AM
Ch3wy posted...

That's what I use to play games with anyways.... what are you using?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#23Ch3wyPosted 2/10/2014 10:35:08 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Which is just another reason why a Wonder Woman game would be a good idea.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#24DaedalusExPosted 2/10/2014 10:36:12 AM
Ch3wy posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA
#25SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 10:36:40 AM
Ch3wy posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Which is just another reason why a Wonder Woman game would be a good idea.

Import one of those Japanese wang controllers?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#26SinisterSlayPosted 2/10/2014 10:36:57 AM
DaedalusEx posted...
Ch3wy posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIfOjkB17BA

Not clicking that lol
---
#27jaymefilho(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 10:45:07 AM
popping4it posted...
jaymefilho posted...
Just follow me for a second here....
Just like Tomb Raider for example or even Heavenly Sword, the developers could explore the sexuality of the character a bit without being "X Rated". It could be for example in finishing moves, quick time events, mini games, some special movements or poses during the fight...
But the main thing is... the character already has a whole world built that it is easy to explore! Think of the possibilities of fighting with the lasso or a shield or a sword, spear, or even bare handed. And done properly, the use of the bracelets to repel attacks could be something awesome! It can have several DLCs with different skins like classic outfit, battle armor....
So.... Just as I said... and that is just my opinion, I think it is a character that has a potential equal to if not greater as Batman for games, and is not being used! It is being left aside....

its fine and im sure if they were to make a game on wonder woman the concept could sort of build out on its own these are the things which are actually obvious to game designers. the problem always comes in the less fun aspects like how would this sort of game get funded, would need a good budget to be half decent, needs to be able to sell well which likely wouldnt as i pointed out and need to be able to recoup or make a profit.

Maybe I am wrong.... But I would think it would be a lot difficult to do a game about Batman, that have to stick at least borderline to reality because of the character background than a Wonder Woman game, that developers could go crazy, putting everything their hearts desires, from demons, to Gods, to Aliens, etc.... and mixing it all up in a God of War, Devil May Cry fighting style.... It could even have levels were she would fly a Pegasus or that Invisible Jet.... So, if done properly, I can't see how it would not bring profit to the studio... Look at the Batman games for example... And let's face it.... I love Batman as a character, but he is much more grounded than a character as Kratos, or Diana in terms of Gaming.... You would not see Bats ripping an enemy spine for example....
#28clowningPosted 2/10/2014 11:46:07 AM
popping4it posted...
as much as woman want to cry equality when these types of games they're all but ignored upon release. so basically theres no point to pander to trying to reach some weird politically correct ratio due to some built up guilt. look at remember me, beyond good and evil or mirrors edge all sold terribly.

This entire post is a red herring.

That said, Wonder Woman has enormous amounts of lore for a video game. I've never been a DC fan, but even I know that there is a vast horde of lore from which to draw when it comes to a Wonder Woman game.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle