This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 kickstarter games im definitely buying

#1NfuzedXGamerPosted 2/11/2014 7:03:47 PM
1. Kingdom Come Deliverance- Open world sandbox Action RPG medievil setting, innovative first person combat, Cryengine powered, Looks excellent.
2. Divinity original sin, original old school style rpg, with tons of content and moddable storyline for communityt o engage in quests, yes plz.

I never thought id be interested in kickstarter games but im sold. They seem to develop with more passion than big name devs.
#2steker16Posted 2/11/2014 7:05:44 PM
divinity looks good, you can get it on steam now for early access. but i dont see the point in buying a story driven RPG that isnt complete yet
#3kelemvorPosted 2/11/2014 7:24:32 PM
Is Star Citizen coming out in '14? I have that on my radar but the hype on this board has kind of died down it seems.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#4steker16Posted 2/11/2014 7:25:49 PM
lol star citizen, that game will never come close to what they are claiming they are making. so much money being thrown at them and it's all going to end in disappointment and fanboy reassurance
#5BendoHendoPosted 2/11/2014 7:29:19 PM
steker16 posted...
i dont see the point in buying a game that isnt complete yet

ftfy

--
#6WyzeGyePosted 2/11/2014 7:42:00 PM
steker16 posted...
lol star citizen, that game will never come close to what they are claiming they are making. so much money being thrown at them and it's all going to end in disappointment and fanboy reassurance

Ever stop to think that maybe EA contributed over half of the funding?
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#7steker16Posted 2/11/2014 7:43:29 PM
WyzeGye posted...
steker16 posted...

Ever stop to think that maybe EA contributed over half of the funding?

that changes nothing, you're delusional if you think that game will deliver on what they claim
#8BogePosted 2/11/2014 9:29:18 PM
Kingdom Come looks cool, but the world size is only 3.5sq mi.

That's like 1/4 the size of Skyrim.
---
How I see nearly every GameFAQs user: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2WriEmH5c
#9AnimorganimatePosted 2/11/2014 9:38:45 PM
Boge posted...
Kingdom Come looks cool, but the world size is only 3.5sq mi.

I keep seeing this thrown around as if it's a reason for the developers to just give up making the game and go home.

Yes, it is small, and it is kind of a bummer, but it's an indie game with what looks to be amazing gameplay. If they create something nearly as fresh as they're presenting, the size doesn't concern me as much. Modders can make bigger maps, and if it's a success, maybe Warhorse will make bigger maps themselves.

The trick is generating a big enough base to warrant a bigger game. Plus, Deliverance is only the first part of a trilogy. Maybe the three parts will make a decent sized whole.
---
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.
#10NeilJWDPosted 2/11/2014 9:48:24 PM
Yeah Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the first, and indeed only kickstarter project I've funded.
Looks like being uniquely special.
Got to 700k now, so most of its better goals are met.
---
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy