This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The KB&M superiority talk is stupid

#31r0ge00Posted 2/12/2014 10:54:04 AM
TES_Nut posted...
It has. Troll topic from a console peasant that probably never owned a console before the 360.

Flaktrooper123 posted...
Another peasant rant? Just how many do we need?

Lvthn posted...
Peasant thread.

ITP: Confirmation that neckbeards love to bring up the word "peasant" even when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
#32MaximoomPosted 2/12/2014 10:54:48 AM
If the game were designed to take full advantage of it, like Mario 64, I would agree. But we are talking about gamepads for pc games. Right?

For consoles, of course keyboard wouldnt be soo good, because the primary gamepad is controllers, and games are designed to take advantage of what it can offer.
#33WyzeGyePosted 2/12/2014 11:21:43 AM
r0ge00 posted...
TES_Nut posted...
It has. Troll topic from a console peasant that probably never owned a console before the 360.

Flaktrooper123 posted...
Another peasant rant? Just how many do we need?

Lvthn posted...
Peasant thread.

ITP: Confirmation that neckbeards love to bring up the word "peasant" even when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Peasant spotted
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4IiIHn.png
#34Ch3wyPosted 2/12/2014 11:23:19 AM
Maximoom posted...
If the game were designed to take full advantage of it, like Mario 64, I would agree. But we are talking about gamepads for pc games. Right?

For consoles, of course keyboard wouldnt be soo good, because the primary gamepad is controllers, and games are designed to take advantage of what it can offer.

Any 3D platformer where you're jumping around on stuff is going to take advantage of thumbsticks.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#35Majoras_pantsPosted 2/12/2014 11:25:25 AM
The beauty of PC gaming is options.

On PC you can use whatever control method is better for the specific game you are playing. Sometimes KB/M is the only thing that is viable (strategy games, MOBAs, isometric RPGs), sometimes KB/M is far superior (Shooters) and sometimes controllers are better (most action games, fighters, racing games). Use whatever is best for the game you're playing.
---
"What's a strategy game? You mean like Mass Effect?"- A console gamer
#36pothocketPosted 2/12/2014 11:28:45 AM
If M+K is so easy and precise than why don't RC hobbiest use that set-up for flying model planes or helicopters? As far as I'm aware they only use controllers.
#37iammaxhailmePosted 2/12/2014 11:35:44 AM
I prefer KBM for about... 85% of games

The ones I use controllers on are things like Steam's FF7 port which has really weird keyboard controls. I also use controllers on platformers.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#38RubMyDucky(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 7:11:24 PM
Majoras_pants posted...
The beauty of PC gaming is options.

On PC you can use whatever control method is better for the specific game you are playing. Sometimes KB/M is the only thing that is viable (strategy games, MOBAs, isometric RPGs), sometimes KB/M is far superior (Shooters) and sometimes controllers are better (most action games, fighters, racing games). Use whatever is best for the game you're playing.

Pretty much this.

And guys, I'm not hating on KB&M. I just think it's ridiculous that some people think KB&M is the be all and end all to controller methods.
#39SlaynPosted 2/13/2014 8:02:13 PM
I find that most third person games that require more precise movement/dodging works better with a controller. Third person games which require more precise aiming I use a mouse. Games which require driving, mouse. Most RPG a mouse, especially any game which you have to use menus. RTS is obvious. FPS is obvious.

Honestly most third person games I just find it easier to maneuver around with the analog sticks vs the keyboard. Keyboard movement is very wonky.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#40Born LuckyPosted 2/13/2014 8:07:40 PM
Exactly.

Having both is very,very handy.

I even have games where play m/kb, but when I get in a car, I pick up the controller, because it steers better.

I play Skyrim with m/kb, but I play KoA with a 360 controller. And as far as platformers go, a controller is the best option in almost every situation.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot