This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would gaming be better without EA?

#1lazycomplifePosted 2/11/2014 11:47:26 PM
If EA just went bankrupt and disappeared, would we be better off as gamers? - Results (870 votes)
Yes
60.23% (524 votes)
No
39.77% (346 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just wanna see the numbers.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#2sonic_man00Posted 2/11/2014 11:49:30 PM
EA made BF2, Mirror's Edge, BF:BC, Burnout Paradise and much more.

Sure, EA's policies suck worse than most other companies, But at least the games are fun.
---
I'd play more MMOs if there was no chat.
#3lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2014 11:50:38 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
EA made BF2, Mirror's Edge, BF:BC, Burnout Paradise and much more.

Sure, EA's policies suck worse than most other companies, But at least the games are fun.

I'm talking about post-bioware-aquisition-EA. The one that forces Origin.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027 - Friend safari: ICE type: Delibird, Bergmite, Dewgong
#4Flaktrooper123Posted 2/12/2014 12:02:09 AM
EA's games are great, but their management and policies are crap. I wish they should try to think like a gamer rather than an enterprise. In this matter, I can't vote yes or no. See, Dice is good but EA is well..
#5GTL581Posted 2/12/2014 12:15:32 AM(edited)
EA hasn't made any great games as far as i'm concerned. they can publish great games, but that doesn't mean that they made them

edit: i voted yes, just based on the sole fact that companies like EA and Activision fund some of the most successful series of all time, which more often than not are the opposite of innovative and unfortunately hold gaming back as a whole. they don't want games that will push gaming to new grounds, they want money, given that they are businesses and whatnot. without them i feel like this plateau we hit last generation wouldn't have lasted as long and developers would be more willing to take chances and not just stick to the same "best selling" formula, not to mention rushed deadlines. something i've noticed during this recent trend of kickstarter games is that upcoming games are doing what should have been done 5 years ago, and people are tossing millions at them to be made, publisher-free. we're finally seeing progress and it's all due to these big publishing companies not breathing down the necks of the developers to make sure they put out the next cod.
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
#6PokenubPosted 2/12/2014 12:08:32 AM
Pretty sure I don't own ANY EA games. Mainly because they are colossal *******, so yes. I feel it would be. Or at the least, it would change nothing.
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#7Teh_Dr_PhilPosted 2/12/2014 12:10:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8EpicKingdom_Posted 2/12/2014 12:13:20 AM
I absolutely hate EA, but I cannot deny it. So no, gaming would not be better without.
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#9PokenubPosted 2/12/2014 12:17:49 AM
Ok, we need to realise this. If EA didn't exist, all that would happen is the game designers would look elsewhere. EA doesn't take risks.

It'd be the same as saying "What if Thomas Edison hadn't invented the lightbulb?" Would we all live in darkness forever and ever? No. Someone else would have invented it sooner or later.

All EA does is jump on bandwagons and weigh it down so much it ends up underground.

They did it to Maxis, they'll do it again. Hopefully this time it won't be a company I like..
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#10Flame_HazardPosted 2/12/2014 12:23:49 AM
If the Battlefield games, Mirror's Edge (especially Mirror's Edge), the Mass Effect series, and I guess the Dragon Age series still existed, then sure. Oh, also the Sims and..whatever else I'm forgetting.

What I'm saying is, I like a lot of their games, even if I'm sure many of these were made by developers EA kidnapped, held at gunpoint, and forced them to make things while placing absurd constraints on them.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.