This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would gaming be better without EA?

#81JonWood007Posted 2/12/2014 12:13:50 PM(edited)
It would definitely be better without their scumbag business practices, but without them in general? Idk, they have some quality titles. Guess it depends on whether the developers like Bioware and Dice would still exist and be able to make the quality games they do if EA didn't exist. if I'm not mistaken, EA puts a lot of funding into their titles, so idk if we'd get the mindblowing graphics of games like battlefield and crysis without them. Such titles might still exist, but who knows if they'd be as well done as they are now. I think I'd have to vote no. Keep in mind EA isn't the only scummy publisher either. We'd still have the likes of Activision if EA didn't exist, for example.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#82jackalx747Posted 2/12/2014 12:41:04 PM
the world would be better. And I would still have my NFL 2K series lol (no I'm totally not bitter)
---
I don't care if you came from a 3rd world country, fleeing persecution and poverty to get onto gameFAQs. I'm still going to insult your English. -HECTOROCKS
#83steveboblarryPosted 2/12/2014 12:54:23 PM
Orestes417 posted...
I actually don't blame EA for most of the dev teams they've supposedly turned to crap. In almost every case there was evidence of that direction well before EA was involved. Worst you can say is EA tossed money at them and they destroyed themselves with it.

*sigh*
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#84BossJ592Posted 2/12/2014 1:25:06 PM
sonic_man00 posted...
EA made BF2, Mirror's Edge, BF:BC, Burnout Paradise and much more.

Sure, EA's policies suck worse than most other companies, But at least the games are fun.

While this is true and if you look even further back (road rash , etc) they have always had decent games. But they are stealing candy from babies(stupid/sheep) these days. Who could blame them making that much money off of dumb gamers. I also like the new trend of trashing people for not buying a 100 dollar game by lbeling them poor , LOL. More like they are not stupid.

Gamers these days see things in black and white only , good luck with your future of gaming ....
---
PSN: BossJ592
#85EpicKingdom_Posted 2/12/2014 1:30:28 PM
steveboblarry posted...
EA saved PC gaming

Obvious troll is obvious troll. EA saved it with Origin amirite?
---
You're not Master Race until the Gaben reveals himself before you. ALL of himself. https://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#86steveboblarryPosted 2/12/2014 1:36:33 PM(edited)
EpicKingdom_ posted...
steveboblarry posted...
EA saved PC gaming

Obvious troll is obvious troll. EA saved it with Origin amirite?

Of course they saved PC gaming, even though Origin and Steam are the same superfluous programs. EA really cares about the PC crowd, unlike Valve who is just in it for the money.

EA really stands behind the products they really care about quality, instead of your wallet. case in point BF4, which was amazing, the glitches and day one bugs were a gift to us the consumer.

EA is the beacon of hope in the PC community. The hero PC gaming needs but does not deserve.
---
#87Emanuel32787Posted 2/12/2014 1:47:22 PM
If someone else or multiple other companies could step up to fill the void then yes.
#88fire2boxPosted 2/12/2014 1:56:58 PM
EA us horrible at times but they do have good studios that make great games.

DICE- BF games, Mirrors Edge and soon Star Wars Battlefront
Criteion- Burnout and hopefully Road Rash reboot soon.
Bioware- countless titles. Mass Effect 3's ending might of been bad, but it seems most loved it to that point.

Now the bad.

Maxis- Spore and Sim City
Popcap- Plants vs Zombies 2 ioS only and freemium. Peggle 2, xbox one only.

Yeah... screw EA for doing that to popcap, making them zynga.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#89steveboblarryPosted 2/12/2014 2:04:27 PM
fire2box posted...
EA us horrible at times but they do have good studios that make great games.

DICE- BF games, Mirrors Edge and soon Star Wars Battlefront
Criteion- Burnout and hopefully Road Rash reboot soon.
Bioware- countless titles. Mass Effect 3's ending might of been bad, but it seems most loved it to that point.

Now the bad.

Maxis- Spore and Sim City
Popcap- Plants vs Zombies 2 ioS only and freemium. Peggle 2, xbox one only.

Yeah... screw EA for doing that to popcap, making them zynga.

Pssh your just a valve fanboy. EA has done nothing wrong, they are the innocent victims, they just give these studios money, and take a very hands off approach. EA does the best they can to be a great company
---
#90rusty12000Posted 2/12/2014 2:11:23 PM
Absolutely, EA has helped ruin the gaming market.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM