This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else think titanfall is overhyped ****?

#51SteezyGamerPosted 2/18/2014 6:45:07 PM
keybladeXIII posted...
It might be overhyped but it's done by the same guys who made MW2, and millions of people loved that game like it was the next "Halo 2".

Pretty much everybody who has played it loved it so far.

haaa..almost everyone i know said its overrated and they dont like it
---
MAAAA, THE MEATLOAF!!!!!!
#52PanopictonguyPosted 2/18/2014 7:01:29 PM
SteezyGamer posted...
keybladeXIII posted...
It might be overhyped but it's done by the same guys who made MW2, and millions of people loved that game like it was the next "Halo 2".

Pretty much everybody who has played it loved it so far.

haaa..almost everyone i know said its overrated and they dont like it

Everybody as in your older brother and that one guy on live that always sends you short replies?
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#53Apac4245Posted 2/18/2014 7:23:09 PM
Born Lucky posted...
Gamespot is saying that "veritcal movement" has never been seen in an FPS before.

Using phrases like "multi level combat system" to describe things that have been around since the 1990s.

This is more than hype. This is flat out lying. They've obviously been paid off, and it transforms my disinterest in the game, to actually hating it.

If it needs dishonesty to sell itself, I don't want it.

I wonder if it isn't so much lying as either a) not being informed of gaming's past or b) recognizing that a lot of people aren't informed of gaming's past and thus wouldn't understand references to games from the 90's. It could always be c) just lying but I like to think that is not the case.

After playing the beta I really enjoyed it. Not enough to buy it brand new but perhaps down the line. I think I am (and have been) all cod'd or FPS shooter'd out at this point.

Also, to your point and perhaps mine as well, after playing the beta for a quick spell, I couldn't figure out why the game felt so familiar and yet fresh at the same time. The answer is, of course, because it is very similar to UT or quake or any number of faster shooters from years gone bye. However, everything has been so focused on imitating COD (or is actually COD itself), especially on consoles, that something different felt "new", despite actually being a throwback.

Another poster also hit the nail on the head by observing that this will likely appeal to the more casual yet "hardcore" gamer. The one who buys two or three games a year and occasionally plays them every night for a few rounds.

That being said, I really enjoy the beta but just not enough for me to purchase the game right away for $60.