This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alpha Prime is a pretty good game

#1Ch3wyPosted 2/13/2014 8:17:36 AM
Sure it has the worst voice acting in any game I've ever played, has multiple gamebreaking problem that could easily be fixed, only a couple different enemy types, pretty stale scenery and an ending that's set up for a sequel that's never going to come.... but it was a pretty damn fun game.

Even though the Havarti mode was nothing new or unique it was fun to rush through rooms with a shotgun with it on. The game was pretty hard at times but always satisfying when you cleared an area.

I recommend those who got it in the humble bundle to try it out.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#2MarikhenPosted 2/16/2014 3:55:09 PM
I never really noticed any "gamebreaking problems" with it like I did with Legendary and it's "infinite elevator drop of doom, death, and damnation just before the final boss." The voice acting wasn't that bad either, or rather I don't remember it as being bad which means it was better than some of the games where someone mentions their name and I shudder at the memories of the voices.

All in all it was an average FPS title that had some twists to the story that while not entirely original weren't ground into the dirt. Oddly enough, several parts of the environment felt like they came out of Doom 3, and I mean that in a good way. That's in marked contrast to games like the aforementioned Legendary where some of the art assets feel like they came from Quake 2, and I most definitely mean that in a bad way.
---
"Before I send them to hell, I shall let them see heaven." - Claptonvaughn, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605432-path-of-exile/68145584#11
#3TimePharaohPosted 2/16/2014 3:59:39 PM
But the thing is you're on a platform with how many thousands of FPS, including the best ones ever released, so what incentive is there to play a generic mediocre one?
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#4Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 4:16:24 PM
Marikhen posted...
I never really noticed any "gamebreaking problems" with it like I did with Legendary and it's "infinite elevator drop of doom, death, and damnation just before the final boss." The voice acting wasn't that bad either, or rather I don't remember it as being bad which means it was better than some of the games where someone mentions their name and I shudder at the memories of the voices.

All in all it was an average FPS title that had some twists to the story that while not entirely original weren't ground into the dirt. Oddly enough, several parts of the environment felt like they came out of Doom 3, and I mean that in a good way. That's in marked contrast to games like the aforementioned Legendary where some of the art assets feel like they came from Quake 2, and I most definitely mean that in a bad way.

The gamebreaking parts I ran into all involved the train. Stop the train at a random point without a platform to the side and jump off, there's no way of getting back on. Move the crates blocking the path before the train gets there, it will cause a glitch and you can't get past that point.

To me the voice acting sounds like it was their first time ever seeing the script. Then there was that Italian guy which I'm pretty sure was supposed to be comically bad.

TimePharaoh posted...
But the thing is you're on a platform with how many thousands of FPS, including the best ones ever released, so what incentive is there to play a generic mediocre one?

Because you've already played the better ones. And it offers a satisfying experience that you don't see that much nowadays. When you clear an area of enemies you feel like you've earned it, it's hard and they make it hard without throwing bullet sponges at you.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#5MaxCHEATER64Posted 2/22/2014 6:50:47 PM
I felt it was slightly bad in thousands of different ways, which all added to make it super bad.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#6pwnater777Posted 2/22/2014 6:54:21 PM
My God, someone else thinks the voice acting is utter trash as well? I seriously think that better voice acting, along with better visuals, could've actually made it a good game. I've enjoyed it for the $1 I payed (not even mainly paying for it, though), but that's about all I'd pay. Good for one playthrough, though.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7KaiRyusakiPosted 2/22/2014 9:16:03 PM
I'm gonna throw a shoutout to Chaser

Good game that I assume most didnt play.

got alpha prime in a bundle i think tc so i'll definitely try it out when im in a fps mood