This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger...worth it?

#11mikewu1Posted 2/13/2014 2:52:10 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Nope!
#12AgdistisPosted 2/13/2014 4:31:20 PM
Nope, this version is way out of date.
---
http://backloggery.com/MajesticFantastc
#13Mogu_MoguPosted 2/13/2014 5:50:57 PM
urtv posted...
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2aep63p.jpg

only played the 1st one but are the other games like this?

None of the games are like that. It's only like that if you're a casual player who only plays with his friends. xD

=========

I'm a BlazBlue/Guilty Gear fan so I say, yes, buy it. It may hopefully push AWS to release their other games for PC with online play so I don't have to use my PS3 anymore.

If you just want to have fun at home with friends, it's a fun game to play. It will require more than the average Street Fighter 4 game to get anywhere decent with it, though.

You can certainly appear to be very good with combos just by mashing buttons and but to really get into the game will require dedication and talent. Regardless, if you like using your brain to think through gameplay and you like winning against another person you'll like BlazBlue and almost any other decent fighter, really.

If you don't have the 9 dollars to waste then just don't get it. Getting Calamity Trigger for Steam at this point is only if you can waste the money or it's your favorite of the series or you're like me and hope it will cause AWS to bring other games into the PC fold.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#14FenriswolfPosted 2/13/2014 7:07:21 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Buburibon posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
I imagine now that it's on Steam that the multiplayer will become more popular, at least for a little while.

It also used GFWL before so hopefully that was sorted out.

IIRC, the Steam version has single-player, and local co-op/multi-player only.

Really? That sucks.

I blame GFWL.

LMAO, considering that the GFWL version works perfectly with online MP. If anything, it's STEAM which crippled the game.
---
Hello
#15aak57Posted 2/13/2014 7:08:12 PM
Steam's version doesn't have online because it doesn't have GFWL.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#16metroid00700Posted 2/13/2014 10:37:21 PM
Been playing it all night. It's outdated of course but despite what some may say, it IS the best place to jump into the series for the Story. Options are sparse compared to later entries but there's plenty of content here to keep you occupied. To me, the soundtrack bonus alone was worth it, I mean, BlazBlue has an amazing OST so $9 for it is nothing. So I'd highly recommend it, also supports the idea of later games coming to Steam.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
#17ZeraphLordSPosted 2/13/2014 10:39:52 PM
Fenriswolf posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
Buburibon posted...
Moorish_Idol posted...
I imagine now that it's on Steam that the multiplayer will become more popular, at least for a little while.

It also used GFWL before so hopefully that was sorted out.

IIRC, the Steam version has single-player, and local co-op/multi-player only.

Really? That sucks.

I blame GFWL.

LMAO, considering that the GFWL version works perfectly with online MP. If anything, it's STEAM which crippled the game.

come back and say this in a year

bringing it to steam is salvaging what's left after gfwl expired
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#18AnatomyHorror(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 11:13:05 PM
It broke top 10 in best sellers. So that's a good sign. Would be nice to get Persona 4 Arena.
#19MisterSpliffPosted 2/14/2014 12:57:17 AM
if you like delicious arm pits you cannot go wrong with this game.
#20ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 2:30:06 AM
Well, I bought it. Never played it before so it should be good. I really wish they would bring Power Stone to Steam.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S