This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying a high end gaming PC, I need help

#1GaMeFr33kPosted 2/13/2014 4:15:43 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a high end gaming machine from iBuyPower soon, and I need help & recommendations. I do not want to build it myself, I'd rather have a professional build and wire it for me.

My budget is 2,000.

I want the fastest, most reliable machine that 2,000 can pay for, something that will be able to max settings games coming out for the next couple years as well as now.

Must be an Intel system, I hate AMD.
Must be built, I cannot build my own PC.
Must have Windows 7 64bit, I hate Windows 8.

I also have a question, does the Speed of the RAM really effect gaming & FPS? Is there a significant difference? I'll be updating this topic as I start building and finally buy the computer based on your recommendations, thank you!
---
Level 36: Ancient of TrollFAQ's
#2GaMeFr33k(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 4:17:38 PM
On a side note I already know a few posts will say don't go with IBP but my last 2 PC's were from there and I've never had any problems with either so I'm dead set on going with them even if it means I pay more.
---
Level 36: Ancient of TrollFAQ's
#3ClouddxPosted 2/13/2014 4:21:25 PM(edited)
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Read up, then go to ecollegepc.com and build it there.
---
i7-920 @ 3.8 // 12GB G.Skill Sniper // 770 GTX // Corsair 650HX // HAF 932
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Xonar DG // Z-5500 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#4TES_NutPosted 2/14/2014 9:04:57 AM
Building your own is so easy. You're waisting a lot of money buying pre built and by saying you can't do it you're just selling your self short. Did you play with Legos as a kid? Then you can build your own pc. It's not hard at all.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#5DragnfyrPosted 2/14/2014 9:09:54 AM
Windows 8 is going to give you better performance in some games. Also have you tried Windows 8 for any length of time? Literally the only major difference is the new start menu. Everything else is just a tweaked and slightly faster version of Windows 7.
---
15.4" Retina MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) | Node 304 mITX | Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI | Intel Core i5-4670K | Asus GTX 760 | Corsair 1x8GB | EVGA 600W | 120+64GB SSDs
#6nickizgr8Posted 2/14/2014 9:13:44 AM
2000 what? 2000 Yen? 2000 Pounds? 2000 Dollars? I'm going to assume you mean dollars?
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
#7foodeater4Posted 2/14/2014 9:18:47 AM
Dragnfyr posted...
Windows 8 is going to give you better performance in some games. Also have you tried Windows 8 for any length of time? Literally the only major difference is the new start menu. Everything else is just a tweaked and slightly faster version of Windows 7.

Basically this. Does Ibuypower still offer windows 7 anyways? You might be stuck with 8.1 either way.

But I've had 2 pc's from ibuypower and one from cyberpower pc which is basically the same company all were fine. The only issue is one had a quality control issue that should been caught before shipping but it wasn't the end of the word.

You probably going to want a gtx 780 no matter what system you buy since its basically one of the best video cards out right now. If you want to spend even more upgrade tot he gtx 780 ti.

That Olympic intel extreme special is basically what you need for you budget right now. The only thing I would change is, I would probably upgrade the cpu cooling to one of the corsair ones instead of the generic they give you. Also check out the PSU they give you, if the reviews are good keep it, if not upgrade to a different one.
#8Skul_Posted 2/18/2014 9:07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uPstvzc.png
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#9Skul_Posted 2/18/2014 9:13:08 PM
Honestly though just build it. Its easy.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#10Games_AnalystPosted 2/18/2014 10:26:26 PM
Cyberpower is pretty reliable and cheap (haven't bought from them in years when I started building my own, but they were decent at the time) if building is not really your thing.

But it's easy.

Buy a case, screw in the motherboard. Mount a Power Supply Unit. Jam in some RAM and a Video Card (kids stuff). Lookup a youtube but basically place the processor in the captain obvious spot and close the hatch. Mount the CPU fan like the manual says (you can get into diff. fans and/or thermal paste later).

Plug in the wires according to the directions on the motherboard manual. It's pretty darn simple. The only thing I would say that requires any 'technique' is applying the thermal paste (various preferences on this, youtube video it) and umm....... wire management?

Tools you need:

Screwdriver

Umm....

Chips, gotta have chips. Use chopsticks so you don't get greasy hands all over your stuff.

Umm.....

Beer/alcohol recommended for quick memory free build given experience. Great to wake up to a working product with no recollection.
---
Intel 930i, 770 GTX, 16GB G Skill Ripjaw X, Asus Sabertek, Intel 80gb SSD, WIndows 7 64.