This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

great, worst news today

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. great, worst news today

User Info: _m_town_fan_

_m_town_fan_
2 years ago#11
Comcast doesn't enforce their data cap. When I had them and you checked your data usage, it even had a message saying they weren't enforcing it. That was last year, not sure if its changed.
sig

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 years ago#12
snesmaster40 posted...
The land of the fee
You'll be my John G.

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
2 years ago#13
While I don't want a data cap, its not quite doom and gloom as people make it out to be, unless maybe you use internet for everything, even tv watching. My provider does not have a hard data cap, but they do you show your data for the month. With my wife and I both on the computers, MMO gaming a lot, streaming youtube/Pandora all night, my son watching Disney cartoons on the Disney site, we don't anywhere near that cap, not even over 100gb's. Its usually much much less.

I hope more ISP's will throttle back people who abuse the internet instead of punishing everything with a data cap.

User Info: xcmon3yx2

xcmon3yx2
2 years ago#14
foodeater4 posted...
While I don't want a data cap, its not quite doom and gloom as people make it out to be, unless maybe you use internet for everything, even tv watching. My provider does not have a hard data cap, but they do you show your data for the month. With my wife and I both on the computers, MMO gaming a lot, streaming youtube/Pandora all night, my son watching Disney cartoons on the Disney site, we don't anywhere near that cap, not even over 100gb's. Its usually much much less.

I hope more ISP's will throttle back people who abuse the internet instead of punishing everything with a data cap.

well with youtube, netflix, steam, WoW, XBL. I go over 1TB a month pretty regularly. Now i am going to be forced to change my internet habbits
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 years ago#15
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

well with youtube, netflix, steam, WoW, XBL. I go over 1TB a month pretty regularly. Now i am going to be forced to change my internet habbits

What do you do? Leave Netflix HD running for eight hours a day?
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

xcmon3yx2
2 years ago#16
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

netflix uses allot of bandwidth, a standard HD TV Show episode (23-29min) is around 400-500mb
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
2 years ago#17
xcmon3yx2 posted...
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

netflix uses allot of bandwidth, a standard HD TV Show episode (23-29min) is around 400-500mb

Even at your quoted numbers that's still only 240gb a month if you watched it eight hours a day for thirty days. It'd be like a job to put in that much effort -- or some cases lack there of.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

xcmon3yx2
2 years ago#18
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

Even at your quoted numbers that's still only 240gb a month if you watched it eight hours a day for thirty days. It'd be like a job to put in that much effort -- or some cases lack there of.

you seem to forgetting, netflix doesnt count for 100% of my usage, youtube, XBL, steam, WoW also use a fair chunk of data

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
2 years ago#19
xcmon3yx2 posted...
you seem to forgetting, netflix doesnt count for 100% of my usage, youtube, XBL, steam, WoW also use a fair chunk of data

WoW isn't going to be taking up more than 1GB, ever (aside from patches maybe).

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
2 years ago#20
Only way you are breaking 1tb a month is if you are pirating your ass off.
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. great, worst news today

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived