This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

great, worst news today

#11_m_town_fan_Posted 2/13/2014 5:06:53 PM
Comcast doesn't enforce their data cap. When I had them and you checked your data usage, it even had a message saying they weren't enforcing it. That was last year, not sure if its changed.
---
sig
#12Hi CPosted 2/13/2014 5:18:46 PM
snesmaster40 posted...
The land of the fee

---
You'll be my John G.
#13foodeater4Posted 2/13/2014 5:31:54 PM(edited)
While I don't want a data cap, its not quite doom and gloom as people make it out to be, unless maybe you use internet for everything, even tv watching. My provider does not have a hard data cap, but they do you show your data for the month. With my wife and I both on the computers, MMO gaming a lot, streaming youtube/Pandora all night, my son watching Disney cartoons on the Disney site, we don't anywhere near that cap, not even over 100gb's. Its usually much much less.

I hope more ISP's will throttle back people who abuse the internet instead of punishing everything with a data cap.
#14xcmon3yx2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 5:46:40 PM(edited)
foodeater4 posted...
While I don't want a data cap, its not quite doom and gloom as people make it out to be, unless maybe you use internet for everything, even tv watching. My provider does not have a hard data cap, but they do you show your data for the month. With my wife and I both on the computers, MMO gaming a lot, streaming youtube/Pandora all night, my son watching Disney cartoons on the Disney site, we don't anywhere near that cap, not even over 100gb's. Its usually much much less.

I hope more ISP's will throttle back people who abuse the internet instead of punishing everything with a data cap.

well with youtube, netflix, steam, WoW, XBL. I go over 1TB a month pretty regularly. Now i am going to be forced to change my internet habbits
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#15Digital StormPosted 2/13/2014 5:54:53 PM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

well with youtube, netflix, steam, WoW, XBL. I go over 1TB a month pretty regularly. Now i am going to be forced to change my internet habbits

What do you do? Leave Netflix HD running for eight hours a day?
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#16xcmon3yx2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:09:13 PM
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

netflix uses allot of bandwidth, a standard HD TV Show episode (23-29min) is around 400-500mb
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#17Digital StormPosted 2/13/2014 6:11:54 PM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

netflix uses allot of bandwidth, a standard HD TV Show episode (23-29min) is around 400-500mb

Even at your quoted numbers that's still only 240gb a month if you watched it eight hours a day for thirty days. It'd be like a job to put in that much effort -- or some cases lack there of.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#18xcmon3yx2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 6:13:06 PM
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
Digital Storm posted...
xcmon3yx2 posted...
foodeater4 posted...

Even at your quoted numbers that's still only 240gb a month if you watched it eight hours a day for thirty days. It'd be like a job to put in that much effort -- or some cases lack there of.

you seem to forgetting, netflix doesnt count for 100% of my usage, youtube, XBL, steam, WoW also use a fair chunk of data
---
#19r0ge00Posted 2/13/2014 6:15:39 PM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
you seem to forgetting, netflix doesnt count for 100% of my usage, youtube, XBL, steam, WoW also use a fair chunk of data

WoW isn't going to be taking up more than 1GB, ever (aside from patches maybe).
#20Edavy89Posted 2/13/2014 6:21:00 PM
Only way you are breaking 1tb a month is if you are pirating your ass off.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!