This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are ASUS Mobo's as good as people make them sound?

#1Aadrian1234Posted 2/13/2014 5:10:40 PM
I have a programming teacher in high school who also helps the IT department, and he practically drools over any ASUS motherboard. He says that they are reliable, they barely run into problems even after using them after many years, almost never crashes your PC, and says it has better performance then the rest. I read a little online about ASUS Mobo's, and I saw a little more variance in people's opinions, but generally saw good reviews. Considering I just recieved all my parts for my first build yesterday, I wished I had asked this before I bought my parts so I could change manufacturers on my parts, but lesson learned. Are ASUS Mobo's generally better than the rest? I got an ASROCK Mobo, BTW
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#2YOeastonYOPosted 2/13/2014 5:14:54 PM
I've been using Asus for years, and might as well be considered a fanboy. I have never had any problems with mobos and the only faulty piece of hardware Ive ever received was a wireless adapter which was quickly replaced.

ASRock is a great brand as well. I really like their products. Gigabyte also just released some awesome Intel motherboards which caught my eye too. Never had hands on experience with them though.
---
FX-9590 | ASUS 7970 | ROG Crosshair V | Corsair Force GT | ROG Raidr | Antec TPQ-1200 | AMD Radeon RG2133 |
#3Orestes417Posted 2/13/2014 5:14:57 PM
They're not god's gift to mobos but they're generally very solid.
---
Not looking for an ending to make the pieces fit
Need is always pending on how much you can get
#4somebadlemonadePosted 2/13/2014 5:17:11 PM
like all things it comes in ebbs and flows

it happens with all manufacturing

their top of the line stuff it usually better than anything else on the market, things comes close, but don't quite make it

the other stuff is pretty much exactly the same as the other top manufacturers like gigabyte, msi, evga(barring the bad bioses they've had) and asrock(though i was under the impression that asrock was part of asus)
---
Nintendo 3DS friend code: 4441-8331-5309
AJ
#5foodeater4Posted 2/13/2014 5:20:29 PM
The guy sounds like a fan boy. There good mobo's overall. My last asus mob I got in 07 is still going strong, I just got a new one this year.
#6Mogu_MoguPosted 2/13/2014 5:39:48 PM
I've done many motherboards. I just like ASUS boards best for some reason. If doing a build I look at ASUS boards first and usually last.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#7reincarnator07Posted 2/13/2014 5:43:11 PM
They're not zOMG AMAZING, but they're certainly good boards. Other brands like MSI and Gigabyte are certainly on par though.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#8Orestes417Posted 2/13/2014 5:56:59 PM
It is worth noting that for the first round of haswell boards ASUS was reported to have the only ones that had accurate voltage readings
---
Not looking for an ending to make the pieces fit
Need is always pending on how much you can get
#9SlaynPosted 2/13/2014 6:00:42 PM
I don't think they are any better or worse than your average motherboard. I only had one and it crapped out on me within 3 months, the pci-e port went out. I got passed around 3 times and spend 30m with them on hold.

"my mobo broke"

"ok you need an RMA? let me x-fer you"

Literally repeat that exact scenario with 3 people, and that was pretty much their service. Honestly? It's usually all the same crap from Taiwan, there is hardly a difference in motherboard companies, except for their actual service.

Having worked at EVGA, and them being local, I am somewhat partial to them just because of the service and quick turnaround. In the end, I buy what will save me a few bucks usually.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#10Digital StormPosted 2/13/2014 6:02:11 PM
I've only had one motherboard in twenty years die and it was an ASUS. But to be fair, I hammered that thing into the ground way beyond normal operating procedures.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.