This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The most hours you put in to catch up on a lost save

#11That1GuyyPosted 2/13/2014 7:10:52 PM
From not saving, I'd say I lost about five hours of progress on a weekend play of Morrowind a really long time ago. The game crashed and so much progress was lost. That event taught me to save frequently. Another time I corrupted a save on my original Xbox by turning it off too soon. I probably lost three hours of play on that. That taught me to always be sure the game has been saved before quitting, and to use multiple save slots. Today, when I play games like STALKER, I usually save every five minutes or so, and I don't save over old files unless the game forces me to.

I also deleted my completed file of Mass Effect 1, and had to replay the game when the second came out. The same for Gears of War 1 when Gears 3 came out and the chrome gnasher skin required a completed Gears 1 save file.

Otherwise I've never lost more than an hour or so of gameplay for any reason.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#12SmudgieMuffinsPosted 2/13/2014 7:15:57 PM
dunebeetle posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
zxelman posted...
I'm sure there are multiple ways to lose a save, one popular way just forgetting to save. But I can't say I've had that problem. Not only does auto-saving help quite a bit, I always watch out for my battery levels if it's a portable device, and I never really had a save corrupt on me except for a game I used to care about.

Forgetting to save is not losing a save, it's losing progress.

What is it with nitwits that purposefully ignore the clear intent of a given message?

I hate people who nitpick situations that shouldn't be nitpicked. A lot of them remind me of that one damn kid in elementary/primary school math classes who didn't understand that word problems were just to learn math and not actually accurately portray a real life situations. So, they'd say things like "But how could Sally eat 7 watermelons? That's stupid." You only think it's stupid because you're too stupid to do basic addition in the 3rd grade, Tim. Then he'd throw dodge balls at me in gym. And I'd always have to run home to my room really quick because I didn't want my dad to see me crying. I kind of lost my train of thought.
#13DiviDudePosted 2/13/2014 7:21:08 PM
SmudgieMuffins posted...
dunebeetle posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
zxelman posted...
I'm sure there are multiple ways to lose a save, one popular way just forgetting to save. But I can't say I've had that problem. Not only does auto-saving help quite a bit, I always watch out for my battery levels if it's a portable device, and I never really had a save corrupt on me except for a game I used to care about.

Forgetting to save is not losing a save, it's losing progress.

What is it with nitwits that purposefully ignore the clear intent of a given message?

I hate people who nitpick situations that shouldn't be nitpicked.

To be fair, the guy could just be autistic and genuinely can't "get" the gist of an idea, taking everything hyper-literally.

...although it is much more likely that he's just an Internet douche.
#14cody4783Posted 2/13/2014 7:43:18 PM
Ughhhhhh....

As someone who typically doesn't even re-play progression/unlock/skill building games just because of the thought of starting over from scratch sucks....Probably 15-30 for a long game, but <15 for most others.

Time is limited these days, and really once I've lost a save it's incredibly hard to get back into some games. Especially if it means several hours of time lost.

Heck, I still remember my Gran Turismo 4 save corrupting a few hours of play after I *FINALLY* aced all the f***ing license tests. That was a...crushing blow, enough for me to not touch the game again. I think I ended up downloading/cheating a save in with stuff done to mess around with cars, but I'd be damned if I was going through that torture again.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#15DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/13/2014 7:44:25 PM
However many I feel like.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#16Digital StormPosted 2/13/2014 7:45:32 PM
Probably my perfect FFX save that my brother erased. But then again, I routinely put in 150-200 hours into a FFXII save every now and again.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#17arleasPosted 2/13/2014 7:56:21 PM
I think I restarted HL2 about 10 times before I finally bothered to finish it. I don't even know how many hours I wasted between saves getting lost (and By lost I mean, the hard drive containing those saves failed and I lost it, not "Durr hurr I forgot to save".

If I DID forget to save, I probably lost an hour at most. I am one of those "Save early and often" types.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#18DawnshadowPosted 2/13/2014 8:29:38 PM
I don't know if I would call it "catching up," but at one point a failed upgrade killed a Minecraft server I was playing on... and then we found out the backup was also corrupt, and had to revert to a much older one. It was easily hundreds of collective hours in building lost.
---
Pokemon X - 2664-2616-4997 - Munna, Sigilyph, Duosion - PM me!
#19bsballa09Posted 2/13/2014 8:34:08 PM
Was about halfway done with GTA4 and Borderlands when I lost my saves.
---
If it wasn't for balla spouting bs over the years my post count would be way lower. It's not that serious - supergamerbret
#20iBlackice25Posted 2/13/2014 8:35:02 PM
I recently had to do this with the Pokemon Fire Red hack Dark Rising, took me three days to catch up...
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh