This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have a $300.00 budget for a new card......

#31Loserman15Posted 2/14/2014 10:39:03 AM
an A10 APU should graphically be stronger than a 9600GT anyway. If you think you are playing on high settings consistently with a 9600GT, you must honestly only play games from 2007. My 560 ti is starting to feel slow to me.
#32neoamerican(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:07:53 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
Add 50 bucks and get a 770

This is why I only buy parts in annual stages and focus on mid grade builds. I can add $50 bucks forever and ever, and that is how PC building gets a bad rep with console gamers.
---
The American dream means equal opportunity for its citizens. The neoamerican dream is the same thing but has a high speed car chase. {WOT}
#33neoamerican(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:06:28 PM(edited)
Loserman15 posted...
an A10 APU should graphically be stronger than a 9600GT anyway. If you think you are playing on high settings consistently with a 9600GT, you must honestly only play games from 2007. My 560 ti is starting to feel slow to me.

Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and Company of Heroes 2 all play very well. This basically proves my point. Get what you NEED and game on!

Steam ID: neoamerican

---
The American dream means equal opportunity for its citizens. The neoamerican dream is the same thing but has a high speed car chase. {WOT}
#34Loserman15Posted 2/14/2014 4:11:42 PM
I think what you need is heavily subjective. You might be used to 30FPS and medium settings, but I am used to at least high and 50...and even then, it's less enjoyable. I aim to not notice frame drops. 60FPS and ultra is always what I strive for.

Enjoy the games all the same, but it's personal preference.

I've build a PC for a friend using an A10 APU with 8gb of ram and a TB hdd/128ssd (which could have been a graphics card, he decided) for 450 dollars, skimping on nothing. It's all research based. Have to do your homework. It's always cheaper than prebuilts because you don't have to buy a license of windows.
#35neoamerican(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:45:07 PM
Loserman15 posted...
I think what you need is heavily subjective. You might be used to 30FPS and medium settings, but I am used to at least high and 50...and even then, it's less enjoyable. I aim to not notice frame drops. 60FPS and ultra is always what I strive for.

Enjoy the games all the same, but it's personal preference.

I've build a PC for a friend using an A10 APU with 8gb of ram and a TB hdd/128ssd (which could have been a graphics card, he decided) for 450 dollars, skimping on nothing. It's all research based. Have to do your homework. It's always cheaper than prebuilts because you don't have to buy a license of windows.

I needed the windows license bad. I had to ditch Vista like the plague, plus I had Vista 32bit which clearly doesn't cut it today.

You are right, it is all preference. I never really got into high fps or HD. I can still recall playing Sonic 2 at launch on a 16 inch SD TV like it was the greatest thing in the world. It's all about enough stability for gameplay with me. If I can play and enjoy Bioshock Infinite on a 9600GT, then a 760 is going to be a massive relative leap.
---
#36Loserman15Posted 2/14/2014 9:31:11 PM
Indeed! And I wasn't saying not to ditch Vista, but...you know...the internet and such. Hahaha.
#37g7g7g7g7Posted 2/16/2014 5:39:32 PM
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
Two 7850's or two 7870's. Its doable for about $350

I really don't recommend Xfiring less than a 7950, 7970, crossfiring mid-range stuff is just silly, its less reliable and more expensive to run in the long term than a better single card. I had 2 6850's and swapped them happily for a single GTX580, never looked back.
---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#38ClouddxPosted 2/16/2014 5:48:55 PM
Quote:Loserman15 posted...

Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim and Company of Heroes 2 all play very well. This basically proves my point. Get what you NEED and game on!

@neoamerican

You can't play Bioshock Infinite on high with that card.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#39neoamerican(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:11:39 AM
Clouddx posted...
Quote:Loserman15 posted...

@neoamerican

You can't play Bioshock Infinite on high with that card.

If you say so, just like the guy who said the card can't play anything after 2007. I'm not about to pull my PC apart to prove a point.

BTW to everyone else who actually bothered to add value to the thread, thanks. I went with the 760 GTX and new PSU. Took about 45 minutes to put together and test and it works great! Several games run smoother than ever.
---