This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best recording software?

#1Grunt40Posted 2/13/2014 10:27:01 PM
What would you guys recommend? I'm preferably looking for something that records me and my friends talking in Razer Comms as well as recording the game I'm playing and its audio.
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#2wizardmonPosted 2/13/2014 10:43:07 PM
MSI afterburner, go to the video tab and fine tune your settings for the best results.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#3Grunt40(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 9:39:34 AM
wizardmon posted...
MSI afterburner, go to the video tab and fine tune your settings for the best results.

I've tried MSI Afterburner, but the problem is that it ends up slowing down my computer when I record. I've had other recording software that can record in 1080p and not receive any slowdown (I have an i5 4670k and an MSI GTX 770) but none of the software I've tried is capable of recording my USB headset speakers and my computer speakers at the same time.
---
Worst Shaco NA.
#4-CJF-Posted 2/14/2014 9:41:49 AM
Shadowplay (Nvidia only), MSI Afterburner, and OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) are the popular free ones. Pay options include Fraps, DXTory, and Bandicam.
#5KillerTrufflePosted 2/14/2014 9:42:22 AM
I actually don't know if you can record your USB headset and regular speakers simultaneously. It might be possible, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

The problem is, USB headsets act as their own sound card, so when you use that plus your regular speakers, you're effectively using two sound cards at once. Unless you can find some software capable of recording not just from multiple sources, but from multiple *sound cards* at once, you'll probably have to pick one or the other.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23