This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions on a case

#1ModernFOXXPosted 2/13/2014 11:04:56 PM
Is this case good enough for this build? Like any possible problems i could run into? I'm new to pc gaming, (Been all playstation until now, aside from gameboy and a ds lite)and this will be my first time ever building a pc. I've heard about case fans, and it SEEMS this one has 2 that come with it, from what i can see from the pictures. I've looked at someone who had the same case and cpu cooler as me and theirs looks nice. Just need advice, as i'm just about to buy the parts and just wait on them to come in and start building :D Oh and will the PSU be good enough?

Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DonovanR11/saved/3KBf

Case: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-phan001wt
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#2pjlindPosted 2/13/2014 11:29:25 PM(edited)
It looks like it has 3 fans included with room for more. There's a nice video of it in the newegg product overview tab. All the reviews seem positive so.........yes it should be fine

That psu is fine for one card but if you ever want to run more than one you'll have to upgrade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabM03Ucvsk#t=168
---
i5-4670k | MSI GTX770 4gb | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate | 2tb Toshiba HDD | Rosewill BlackHawk | http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pjlind/builds/
#3ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 11:39:17 PM
pjlind posted...
It looks like it has 3 fans included with room for more. There's a nice video of it in the newegg product overview tab. All the reviews seem positive so.........yes it should be fine

That psu is fine for one card but if you ever want to run more than one you'll have to upgrade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabM03Ucvsk#t=168

ok just checked the EVGA site and said that card i'm using requires a minimum 600 WAT PSU but mine only does 550. SO obvious question but do i need to upgrade it? I actually just found out an i7 CPU is overkill and not needed for gaming, but the money wasnt a problem. But i'll go to an i5 if it means i can get a better power supply. (Trying to stay under $2000)

Thank you very much for the help as well! With me being close to finally buying it, i wanna make sure everything is right. Sorry for the dumb questions. And my cpu cooler will go in position like this guy's correct? (He's using the same case and fan as me. A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler)

Other guy's inside look: http://dclnvkt1mpguh.cloudfront.net/static/forever/images/userbuild/17527.8b395979803fbddfed4dc090625b9729.4db5d148463cbbcdb2c7360ee29d1a16.med.jpg
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#4pjlindPosted 2/13/2014 11:57:28 PM(edited)
Questions are not dumb, and I'm by no means an expert but,

If you're gonna be spending that kind of money, it might be something to consider. From what I understand gpu companies inflate the actual power they say that the card needs as a bit of an overkill. Your pcpartpicker build says it only takes 450w so you should be good, plus its 80+ which is supposed to ensure that it's quality.

These are build with the 212 and your case

http://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/nzxt-case-phan001wt#h=7&qq=1
---
i5-4670k | MSI GTX770 4gb | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate | 2tb Toshiba HDD | Rosewill BlackHawk | http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pjlind/builds/
#5R i c kPosted 2/14/2014 12:02:41 AM
Yeah, I'd drop down to to an i5 and get a good brand 650ish watt PSU. You can also drop the thermal paste. The 212EVO will come with a tube.
---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#6ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:31:55 AM
ok thanks guys, really appreciate the help! I feel like i'm finally ready to go for it and buy it. Next part will just be building it when the parts come in. Hopefully all goes well
---
#7ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 1:33:26 AM
ModernFOXX posted...
ok thanks guys, really appreciate the help! I feel like i'm finally ready to go for it and buy it. Next part will just be building it when the parts come in. Hopefully all goes well

Shouldn't be hard, just make sure you look at a few youtube videos before you attempt it.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#8ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:37:45 AM
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...

Shouldn't be hard, just make sure you look at a few youtube videos before you attempt it.

yea, i will be. And have one going as i'm building it. Plus my teacher at my school is pretty intelligent when it comes to PC stuff so i might ask him for help or advice possibly. He's microsoft certified and just knows a lot about these things. From what i'm hearing it just comes down to following the manual with your mobo and plugged everything in correctly. And of course being careful. Oh and whats a good brand PSU? as the other guy mentioned
---
#9ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 1:39:18 AM
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...

yea, i will be. And have one going as i'm building it. Plus my teacher at my school is pretty intelligent when it comes to PC stuff so i might ask him for help or advice possibly. He's microsoft certified and just knows a lot about these things. From what i'm hearing it just comes down to following the manual with your mobo and plugged everything in correctly. And of course being careful. Oh and whats a good brand PSU? as the other guy mentioned

Corsair/Seasonic are great brands, prob the best.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#10ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 1:40:59 AM
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...

Corsair/Seasonic are great brands, prob the best.

Great thanks man! One last question, whats the difference between 80+, 80+ bronze/silver/gold and how much should i take that into consideration for choosing one?
---