This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Questions on a case

#11ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 2:45:47 AM
This one looks good, thanks for all the help everyone!

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu650txv2
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#12ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 2:46:26 AM
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
ok thanks guys, really appreciate the help! I feel like i'm finally ready to go for it and buy it. Next part will just be building it when the parts come in. Hopefully all goes well

Shouldn't be hard, just make sure you look at a few youtube videos before you attempt it.

yea, i will be. And have one going as i'm building it. Plus my teacher at my school is pretty intelligent when it comes to PC stuff so i might ask him for help or advice possibly. He's microsoft certified and just knows a lot about these things. From what i'm hearing it just comes down to following the manual with your mobo and plugged everything in correctly. And of course being careful. Oh and whats a good brand PSU? as the other guy mentioned

Corsair/Seasonic are great brands, prob the best.

Great thanks man! One last question, whats the difference between 80+, 80+ bronze/silver/gold and how much should i take that into consideration for choosing one?

That's the efficiency, or how many Watts are actually drawn from the wall. If you're looking at PSUs in the same brand the difference for you is most likely negligible.

Bronze: 82% efficiency @ 100% usage
Silver: 85% efficiency @ 100% usage
Gold: 87% efficiency @ 100% usage
Platinum: 89% efficiency @ 100% usage

This means if you have a 650w PSU and it's bronze it will draw 533w from the wall.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#13ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 2:53:22 AM
Clouddx posted...

That's the efficiency, or how many Watts are actually drawn from the wall. If you're looking at PSUs in the same brand the difference for you is most likely negligible.

This means if you have a 650w PSU and it's bronze it will draw 533w from the wall.

ok now that makes sense. And thats actually what i chose too. look at my above post. And do you think ill be fine with the 3 case fans, and cpu cooler? or should i add more? I would imagine thats fine, even though the GPU when i checked it on EVGA's site is super clocked. Which i think my mobo supports since its an Z87-k (asus) but i guess you can check my build again to make sure idk
---
Why Albert...why? ~Sincerely, a Cardinals fan...No loyalty at all from what could've been the greatest Card ever, Albert Pujols.-------PSN: ANDR0iD_v3
#14ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 2:57:31 AM
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...

ok now that makes sense. And thats actually what i chose too. look at my above post. And do you think ill be fine with the 3 case fans, and cpu cooler? or should i add more? I would imagine thats fine, even though the GPU when i checked it on EVGA's site is super clocked. Which i think my mobo supports since its an Z87-k (asus) but i guess you can check my build again to make sure idk

The original link to your build no longer works, can you post another one. IMO, 3 fans is fine and will provide sufficient movement of air thru the case. What heatsink did you pick?
---
#15ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 3:02:24 AM
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...

The original link to your build no longer works, can you post another one. IMO, 3 fans is fine and will provide sufficient movement of air thru the case. What heatsink did you pick?

i deleted it and am using this as the final one. My bad lol but here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DonovanR11/saved/3KIo

And heatsink?
---
#16ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 3:05:29 AM(edited)
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...

i deleted it and am using this as the final one. My bad lol but here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DonovanR11/saved/3KIo

And heatsink?

Heatsink = CPU cooler, and the one you picked is one of the most recommended ones out there.

Personally the only other change I would make is a better mouse, check this out: http://imgur.com/gallery/LFrp5aH
---
#17ModernFOXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 3:10:41 AM
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...
ModernFOXX posted...
Clouddx posted...

And heatsink?

Heatsink = CPU cooler, and the one you picked is one of the most recommended ones out there.

oh ok. And yea i actually was looking for a better one since i had a little extra money but couldn't find a definitively better one, and i've been using ratings as a heavy factor in choosing parts. I was like 30 bucks, and highest rated and i've seen lots of build with this one and in my case? Perfect choice imo lol. The only thing i MIGHT do is maybe get a higher SSD or better mobo. But then again i shouldn't just upgrade things that dont need it just because i can.

But thanks for everything man! Fans and PSU were 2 things i was confused and worried on. Plus fitting the fans in the case. Ever since i've been asking around for help here i've cut down the cost by $400 and was able to put a monitor in as well! I'll probably ask more questions when i start the building of it, sorry for bugging ya guys so much. Just dont to screw up anywhere lol
---
#18pjlindPosted 2/14/2014 8:43:38 AM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139048&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL021414B&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL021414B-_-EMC-021414-Index-_-PowerSupplies-_-17139048-L08D

EMCPHWF34 (promo code)
---
i5-4670k | MSI GTX770 4gb | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | 530w 80+ | 1tb Seagate | 2tb Toshiba HDD | Rosewill BlackHawk | http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pjlind/builds/