This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to save VHS cassete on my PC as a video file ?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to save VHS cassete on my PC as a video file ?
2 years ago#1
By connecting my VHS player to my pc or any other way ?
2 years ago#2
Right Click>Save As>Video
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
2 years ago#3
Use a video capture card, or if you have an old camcorder laying around with a USB or FireWire port you can hook your VCR up to the camera, the camera to the PC, and rip the video that way. That's how I converted my old home videos.
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
2 years ago#4
Psythik posted...
Use a video capture card, or if you have an old camcorder laying around with a USB or FireWire port you can hook your VCR up to the camera, the camera to the PC, and rip the video that way. That's how I converted my old home videos.

Unfortunaity I don't where is my camara.

If I use a video capture card does that mean I have to try every cassete and record it while playing it ?

Or just insert then save it as a file ?
2 years ago#5
You're going to have to record it as it plays regardless. VHS is not a microSD.
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
2 years ago#6
DarkZV2Beta posted...
You're going to have to record it as it plays regardless. VHS is not a microSD.

I honestly laughed at his question harder than I should have...
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
2 years ago#7
khalid_1990 posted...
Psythik posted...

If I use a video capture card does that mean I have to try every cassete and record it while playing it ?

I really don't mean to be rude, but I am really sort of flabbergasted by that question. A VHS is film. Essentially a bunch of tiny pictures strung together on a long stretch of tape. Of course you can't save it as a file. There is no file in a VHS. There is no memory to store data. It isn't digital. It is tape.
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
2 years ago#8
Askeladd posted...
khalid_1990 posted...
Psythik posted...

I really don't mean to be rude, but I am really sort of flabbergasted by that question. A VHS is film. Essentially a bunch of tiny pictures strung together on a long stretch of tape. Of course you can't save it as a file. There is no file in a VHS. There is no memory to store data. It isn't digital. It is tape.

Of course it can be saved as a file it just is a pain to convert it to a digital format. And it's not pictures on a string it's data recorded magnetically on a ribon. Educate yourself before you go around insulting people.
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
2 years ago#9
You'd probably be better off taking it somewhere that does professional video conversions.
2 years ago#10
TES_Nut posted...
Askeladd posted...
khalid_1990 posted...
Psythik posted...

Of course it can be saved as a file it just is a pain to convert it to a digital format. And it's not pictures on a string it's data recorded magnetically on a ribon. Educate yourself before you go around insulting people.

1. What insult?
2. I was clearly responding to his question which I quoted, asking if he could just insert a cassette and save a file instead of having to record it as it plays.

Anyway, I was thinking if film stock, but hey, it is early in the morning and I am sleepy, so I don't feel all that bad about the mistake.
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to save VHS cassete on my PC as a video file ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived