This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to save VHS cassete on my PC as a video file ?

#1khalid_1990Posted 2/14/2014 3:18:52 AM
By connecting my VHS player to my pc or any other way ?
#2TimePharaohPosted 2/14/2014 3:20:41 AM
Right Click>Save As>Video
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#3PsythikPosted 2/14/2014 3:20:54 AM
Use a video capture card, or if you have an old camcorder laying around with a USB or FireWire port you can hook your VCR up to the camera, the camera to the PC, and rip the video that way. That's how I converted my old home videos.
---
4670k | 2GB GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 9-9-9-24 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Win8.1 Pro
http://i597.photobucket.com/albums/tt56/S26DG44B/PsythikViolet_Blooded.jpg
#4khalid_1990(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 3:29:53 AM
Psythik posted...
Use a video capture card, or if you have an old camcorder laying around with a USB or FireWire port you can hook your VCR up to the camera, the camera to the PC, and rip the video that way. That's how I converted my old home videos.

Unfortunaity I don't where is my camara.

If I use a video capture card does that mean I have to try every cassete and record it while playing it ?

Or just insert then save it as a file ?
#5DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/14/2014 3:42:50 AM
You're going to have to record it as it plays regardless. VHS is not a microSD.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#6SlaynPosted 2/14/2014 3:51:30 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
You're going to have to record it as it plays regardless. VHS is not a microSD.

I honestly laughed at his question harder than I should have...
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505
#7AskeladdPosted 2/14/2014 3:57:31 AM
khalid_1990 posted...
Psythik posted...

If I use a video capture card does that mean I have to try every cassete and record it while playing it ?

I really don't mean to be rude, but I am really sort of flabbergasted by that question. A VHS is film. Essentially a bunch of tiny pictures strung together on a long stretch of tape. Of course you can't save it as a file. There is no file in a VHS. There is no memory to store data. It isn't digital. It is tape.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar
#8TES_NutPosted 2/14/2014 4:23:18 AM
Askeladd posted...
khalid_1990 posted...
Psythik posted...

I really don't mean to be rude, but I am really sort of flabbergasted by that question. A VHS is film. Essentially a bunch of tiny pictures strung together on a long stretch of tape. Of course you can't save it as a file. There is no file in a VHS. There is no memory to store data. It isn't digital. It is tape.

Of course it can be saved as a file it just is a pain to convert it to a digital format. And it's not pictures on a string it's data recorded magnetically on a ribon. Educate yourself before you go around insulting people.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#9Son Of SpamPosted 2/14/2014 4:24:23 AM
You'd probably be better off taking it somewhere that does professional video conversions.
#10AskeladdPosted 2/14/2014 5:03:03 AM
TES_Nut posted...
Askeladd posted...
khalid_1990 posted...
Psythik posted...

Of course it can be saved as a file it just is a pain to convert it to a digital format. And it's not pictures on a string it's data recorded magnetically on a ribon. Educate yourself before you go around insulting people.

1. What insult?
2. I was clearly responding to his question which I quoted, asking if he could just insert a cassette and save a file instead of having to record it as it plays.

Anyway, I was thinking if film stock, but hey, it is early in the morning and I am sleepy, so I don't feel all that bad about the mistake.
---
TWSS hes speken end the wenner es E. There cen enle be ene.
"If it can fit in a Pokeball it can fit in a Gatorade bottle. I'mma catch it." NobleRoar