This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do we demand alot of games, but give no thoughts to the OS..

#1PokenubPosted 2/14/2014 5:45:28 AM
32 bit versions of Windows are still being released.. Why?
Windows 8 has bloated Appleeqsue features.. Why?

I have never been 100% satisfied with an operating system and I very much doubt you have either. There's always one feature that just seems off or out of place..

People will condemn a game if it doesn't allow standard 1080p resolution or if it uses something a bit odd, but not an operating system when it pointlessly limits memory and adopts out of place features.

Obviously there are possibly reasons that I'm not entirely sure of (I don't claim to be an expert on any of this, it's just an OPINION) that 32 bit Windows hasn't just disappeared, but at least to me, it seems useless..

Just seems a bit odd to me..
---
Damn it.. I swear I had something for this..
#2Ch3wyPosted 2/14/2014 5:46:50 AM
People complain about operating systems constantly, especially Windows 8.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#3Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 5:50:58 AM
Ch3wy posted...
People complain about operating systems constantly, especially Windows 8.

I do see alot of threads, but no one can offer alternatives.. All there are is Linux and Mac..

Mac is.. Well.. Gaming + Mac = hilarious..

Linux is a little better, but the amount of different versions means that (once again, as far as I know) it would be hard to set a standard to develop for.. I could easily be wrong of course.
---
#4ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 5:52:58 AM
OS are not designed around gamers.
---
i7-920 @ 3.8 // 12GB G.Skill Sniper // 770 GTX // Corsair 650HX // HAF 932
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Xonar DG // Z-5500 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#5Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 5:56:51 AM
Clouddx posted...
OS are not designed around gamers.

Except they're the most important thing to install onto a computer if you want to game..
---
#6Davel23Posted 2/14/2014 6:14:15 AM
Ninety-nine times out of one hundred, if there's something you don't like about an OS there's either a way to change it via built-in settings, or someone has created a third-party tool to fix it. People who complain about these things are either not smart enough to use Google or just enjoy complaining for the sake of it.
---
Your mom's box.
#7SlashmanSGPosted 2/14/2014 6:15:17 AM
Pokenub posted...
Except they're the most important thing to install onto a computer if you want to do anything..

Fixed.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#8ElDudorinoPosted 2/14/2014 6:18:23 AM
I would use a 32-bit version of Windows if I didn't have a large amount of RAM and didn't plan to upgrade it. The compatibility of 64-bit operating systems has grown by leaps and bounds in the last decade but it still isn't up there with 32-bit.

As for other operating systems, I honestly don't understand the point of your post. NOBODY is 100% satisfied with their OS, and people talk about it pretty much constantly on this message board. But you need an operating system for your system to operate. So, you take what you can get.

Even if you're a developer, at most you might develop modifications for your operating system of choice. One person can NOT develop an OS with the level of sophistication that Windows has. I think the reason why there are so many different distros of Linux is that no one distro meets every single person's needs, but even then they're developed by teams of people and then downloaded by numerous others and the people who download them will probably still find in each case that there are things they wish were done differently. That's what happens when a team of people develops for an entire world, and it's not a surprise.

In Microsoft's case, they're a bit notorious for neglecting features that loads of people ask for, but I suppose they're too busy introducing OTHER features that have been asked for or that they mistakenly think people want.

So... yeah. If you were worried that people aren't thinking about the OS they're using, you can put that thought to rest.
#9ShubPosted 2/14/2014 6:27:55 AM(edited)
Pokenub posted...

I don't even know what you're talking about.
How is Windows 8 bloated (anymore so than Windows 7) ?
And what "Applesque" features are we talking about?

Finally, 32-bit versions of Windows exist because the corporate world still demands it, although that is slowly going away.

Pokenub posted...
Linux is a little better, but the amount of different versions means that (once again, as far as I know) it would be hard to set a standard to develop for.. I could easily be wrong of course.

Yes, you'd be wrong here. All Linux distros have a common core (the kernel) and are 100% compatible with one another. If something is developed for a particular distro and doesn't work on another, it's because the first may come with a certain package or set of packages that the other distro does not come with, so all you do is install the packages and you're in business.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#10Pokenub(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 6:28:46 AM
Shub posted...
Pokenub posted...

I don't even know what you're talking about.
How is Windows 8 bloated (anymore so than Windows 7) ?
And what "Applesque" features are we talking about?

Finally, 32-bit versions of Windows exist because the corporate world still demands it, although that is slowly going away.

The whole touch screen slidey thing with the start up screen. It reminds me of something I've seen on a friends ipad and such.

This topic wasn't my most coherent lol. Once 10 minutes passes, I'ma just lock this. I can't really say what I'm trying to say when I'm so tired lol.
---