This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

X-com Declassified for $5 or Tomb Raider for $7? Amazon Digital.

#1MrFailPosted 2/14/2014 11:00:05 AM
I read that Declassified was like ME3 which I found fun, but there are tons of shining reviews for Tomb Raider.

Should I just wait longer? Think prices will go lower than that for steam maybe? Can anyone who played them both recommend one vs the other?
#2j2_tha_macPosted 2/14/2014 11:05:09 AM
Haven't played Declassified, but I can tell you that Tomb Raider is a great, great game well worth that price, hell I'd say it's worth it at full price.
#3pothocketPosted 2/14/2014 11:15:22 AM
Go with Tomb Raider.

Yeah, Declassified is sorta like ME3 gameplay on steroids except it's not very fun. The introduction level is a blast but that's only because it gives you some awesome characters with fun abilities... and then it takes them away from you. I only played through the first few level before putting it away but I remember the cooldown on abilities taking waaay too long and that my AI teammates don't seem to understand how cover works (they'll go to cover like I order them to but won't actually use the cover in an effective manner)

So yeah, go with TR.
#4steker16Posted 2/14/2014 11:42:40 AM
is that the xcom 3rd person shooter? that game is a whole new level trash, Tomb Raider is atleast a solid game worth playing once
#5MrFail(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 12:19:41 PM
steker16 posted...
is that the xcom 3rd person shooter? that game is a whole new level trash, Tomb Raider is atleast a solid game worth playing once

I read mixed reviews. Most of the bad reviews just deal with how the game wasn't what the poster expected, which to me isn't a reason to give a game a bad review.
#6steveboblarryPosted 2/14/2014 12:21:34 PM
Xcom declassified was a a great game.
---
IceJFish is the next drake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq_d8VSM0nw
#7KaiRyusakiPosted 2/14/2014 2:16:36 PM
Implying there wont be an Xcom bundle with The Bureau in the $1 tier.

I hear nothing but great things about The Bureau, lack of advertising but "spin-off" probably caused it to sell poorly
#8MrFail(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 8:33:47 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...
Implying there wont be an Xcom bundle with The Bureau in the $1 tier.

I hear nothing but great things about The Bureau, lack of advertising but "spin-off" probably caused it to sell poorly

Well, I already own the most recent X-com. Not the DLC though. So I'm not really interested in a bundle.
#9SinisterSlayPosted 2/14/2014 8:37:34 PM
Its down to 5 dollars already, wow, fell hard. Its cheaper than the actual x-com game now.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#10pitt12177Posted 2/14/2014 9:04:51 PM
Declassified is a bag of ass. I'm sorry. It's a clunky, uninspired mess that they threw into the Xcom universe and tried to force you to love it with unlikeable characters and a bland environment.