This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Considering restarting The Witcher: Enhanced Edition...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Considering restarting The Witcher: Enhanced Edition...
1 year ago#1
I got The Witcher 2 on 360, and it's really cool. Then, not too long after that, I got The Witcher: Enhanced Edition off gog.com on a sale, I started it, but that was about all, and I've been considering going back to it.

If I try for a solid, no walkthrough/faq run, trying to find extras and side quests but not spending TONS of time on that if I'm not getting anywhere, and on the easiest difficulty setting (if that applies, I don't even remember if it had those options), roughly how long of a play-through would you all say I'm looking at?

10 hours? More? Less? A lot more?
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
1 year ago#2
Witcher 1 is a lot longer then 2. I think my playthrough was in the 50s of hours.
1 year ago#3
Oh wow, so this could be a long haul kind of game then. Well, one way to find out I suppose.

Is it very grind-heavy/backtracking heavy? Or just a big ass, long, time consuming game with 'legit' hours of gameplay, if you will?
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
1 year ago#4
Justice98405 posted...
Oh wow, so this could be a long haul kind of game then. Well, one way to find out I suppose.

Is it very grind-heavy/backtracking heavy? Or just a big ass, long, time consuming game with 'legit' hours of gameplay, if you will?

act 2 is going to be very backtrack heavy, and to make matters worse it gives you free roam over two somewhat large areas. i loathed that part of the game, as from what i've read many others did as well. definitely worth plowing through though, it's a fantastic game that i'm glad i finished. you will most certainly get at least 40 hours out of it
---
3DS FC: 0834-1778-4100
pm me for an add
1 year ago#5
Yeah act 2 is a real grind. I actually gave up on the game for months thinking it was too boring but finally pushed through when hype for Witcher 2's imminent release was in explosion mode. Glad I did, game picks up big time in act 3 and 4.
1 year ago#6
Maybe I'll see if there's a good trainer for Witcher 1 and just blast my way through it like a god for the story element. There's really no way I'm ever going to play it otherwise.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
1 year ago#7
The first one took me 33 hours, and I did most of the side quests. The second one was much shorter for me in comparison. I finished it in only 23 hours.
1 year ago#8
KingDFizzle posted...
The first one took me 33 hours, and I did most of the side quests. The second one was much shorter for me in comparison. I finished it in only 23 hours.

30 hours for me and that was with 90% of the side missions. It's worth the slog, it's a good challenging game.
1 year ago#9
Some of the side quests are useless fetch quests so I'd avoid those if I were you.
---
In the last second of life they're going to show you how
How they run this show, sure, run it into the ground
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Considering restarting The Witcher: Enhanced Edition...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived