This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it likely that Best Buy has other variants of this keyboard?

#1Flame_HazardPosted 2/14/2014 3:49:03 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-vengeance-k70-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-black/9089085.p?id=1218978327181&skuId=9089085#tab=overview

The Corsair Vengeance K70. I want the Cherry MX Browns, and since Amazon has failed me for the past 3 days in even starting the shipping process, I was hoping to find a local place to pick one up. Unfortunately, that looks to be the Cherry MX Red version.

Even so, it's Best Buy's website. I don't expect them to offer fancy buttons for variety like Amazon or Newegg. I'm hoping they have it, so in about an hour now, I plan to drive over and look for myself. Figured I'd see if anyone would know first though (I wouldn't trust anyone answering the phone there to give a useful response tbh).

Oh, know any other common local places that..MIGHT have this thing?
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#2BuyersRemorse55Posted 2/14/2014 4:07:35 PM
Frys maybe, but I believe they are a west coast store.
#3Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:18:16 PM
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
Frys maybe, but I believe they are a west coast store.

Went to their site. Looks like they don't have browns either. Which makes me think going to Best Buy will be a waste of time. I was going on the assumption that if you carried K70 keyboards, you would at some point have its variants. That not being the case with Frys, it seems likely that BB only has the reds as well.
---
#4TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 2/14/2014 4:24:41 PM
Micro Center has the K70 and it lists the K70 in Red, Brown, and Blue switches at the bottom of its online page.
---
Steam: Sydite
#5Master_BassPosted 2/14/2014 4:28:51 PM
Yeah, go to Mircocenter if you have one nearby or just buy it online.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#6it_r_over9000Posted 2/14/2014 4:29:06 PM
My BB only carries the variety that has reds. I looked at it but decided against it and ended up getting my current keyboard instead; Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid tenkeyless with browns. Its perfect for my set up though the lack of a tenkey is annoying some times. They also make full size variants of this keyboard too.
---
i7 4770k| Asus Z87 Plus| EVGA GTX 780 ti SC| Corsair VengeanceLP 8GB (2x4)1866| EVGA Nex 650G| Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb| Seagate 1 TB HDD
PSN- ponmbr [R3D]
#7Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:32:24 PM
Microcenter would be good, but it's $20 more expensive than my alternatives. Honestly though, I'd pay that if I lived near one >_>. Not worth it to have it shipped from them though.

it_r_over9000 posted...
My BB only carries the variety that has reds. I looked at it but decided against it and ended up getting my current keyboard instead; Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid tenkeyless with browns. Its perfect for my set up though the lack of a tenkey is annoying some times. They also make full size variants of this keyboard too.

Damn, there goes my hopes that it'll be there. I'm also pretty set on a K70 at this point, though it seems I'm not getting it until at least next Tuesday, and only then if Amazon fixes whatever prevented them from shipping it since this past Tuesday. I may have to resort to Newegg's painfully slow shipping.
---
#8Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 4:39:26 PM(edited)
Actually you know what? Screw it. I want to use a mechanical keyboard this weekend and that's what's gonna happen. Time to rent the Cherry MX Red, just to see how it feels. Maybe I'll even keep the thing and tell Amazon to p*** off. Not like I have any experience with these things to know I want the browns for real anyway.
---
#9Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 7:32:51 PM
Got the cherry mx red keyboard. This is one seriously awkward change for me. I already peck, and on top of that I had been using some random ergonomic keyboard my dad bought for me. Angle change, pressure change. Jesus. And for some reason, buttons seem to have new features. Everything just works the instant I press it at all, unlike with whatever I had before.

Awkward or not though, it feels great. I can feel my typi- I mean pecking speed going back up gradually even as I write this through a plethora of abnormal typos.
---
#10ZethPosted 2/14/2014 8:01:31 PM
I used MX Reds for a few months and then switched to Browns. I personally like Browns more and when I try to switch back, Reds feel boring because there's no tactile bump. Might want to give Browns or even Blues a try and find the one that's right for you.
---
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
3DS FC: 5172 0388 6449