This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats with all the hate for Titanfall?

#91Avs0000Posted 2/15/2014 3:53:00 AM
It's because you have all these newer gamers who think this stuff is the coolest thing ever. Then you have all the older gamers who've seen mechs in shooters, seen stuff like wall running and jetpacks, and realistically don't expect or buy into the hype. AI in a 6v6? To some people that's a big tell about what the gameplay is going to be like. It'll be fun because let's face it, new stuff tends to be fun, but the real question is how fast will it get old (which is what some people are asking and others are equating it with hate because they just can't get over how their opinion seems to be questioned).
#92zak234Posted 2/15/2014 4:04:08 AM(edited)
Do you realize that robots existed in ancient Greece? His name is Talos.

http://www.elfwood.com/art/k/o/kontis/talos1.jpg

http://survincity.com/wp-content/uploads/images/c72144b80fd7.jpg

Japan inspired Talos and called it Mechs.
Respawn inspired Talos and called it Titans.

Learn history guys. Japan didn't create it.
#93VeiledGenesisPosted 2/15/2014 4:02:17 AM
Slayn posted...
Although I don't think it looks anything close to COD ( despite the devs ) the 6v6 turned me off completely. Makes it seem like a crappy console shooter. Halo or something.

Halo supported 16 players. And all the vehicles.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#94MaxCHEATER64Posted 2/15/2014 4:03:02 AM
You don't even shoot things, though. It literally has aimbot built in.
---
i5-3570K @ 4.6 GHz | HD IceQ X 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T | Seagate XTD 2T + 16GB SSHD | 2x8 GB RAM
#95InterfusorPosted 2/15/2014 4:09:28 AM
I have only one problem with the game: No single player campaign. It's what's stopping me from preordering.
---
I am not economically viable.
#96Jason_HudsonPosted 2/15/2014 4:36:13 AM
My 'hate' stems from EA. EA, in recent days, means to me that the game will be released full of bugs and technical issues, especially online. BF3, BF4 and Simcity are just a few examples. I have no doubt Titanfall will be no different.

So I'm not going to pre-order. A few weeks after release date, if it is in a playable state, then I will consider buying it. I might still get it on Origin rather than Amazon/ShopTo because of that Great Game Guarantee.

I would like to actually try out the game before I buy, getting access to the beta would help with my decision to purchase quite a lot. Let's hope EA chooses me, assuming they want my custom.
---
PC is the only place to play games at their true potential
1080p/60fps standard, upgradable, mods, FOV sliders, ultra graphics - it's backwards compatible too
#97BlueEye0Posted 2/15/2014 5:03:24 AM
CatToy posted...
People just don't like liking things.

Everything ever gets hated here.
---
3DS FC:2809-8335-2844
#98SneakiestNegPosted 2/15/2014 5:05:07 AM
So EA is the new Obsidian? Without the cool games.
#99DragonRaizenPosted 2/15/2014 5:27:27 AM
While I don't personally care for the game, this topic is coming off as a lot of people "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THIS THING I LIKE?! YOU NEED TO LOVE IT AS I DO".

Hell, people don't like Titanfall for all valid reasons. EA being absolutely one of them. I've been waiting for a month now for them to reply on my Support ticked for Command&Conquer 3 that I still can't play.
The only reason they're not getting Worst Company three times in a row is because of the bull**** King has been putting out lately.
---
-FREEZE!
-I'm a robot, not your refrigerator.
Marvin
#100KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/15/2014 5:42:38 AM
I don't hate it, but for me personally it looks about as dull as a game can get. I'm just not interested, at all.
---
PLAYING - Knack (PS4), Tearaway (Vita), Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3), Dayz (PC)
MOST WANTED - Lightning Returns, Destiny, Dark Souls II, FFX/X-2 HD, Evil Within