This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thief reboot Mission 1 playthrough *spoilers*

#1Cvdf3Posted 2/14/2014 7:55:55 PM
Thoughts from series fans?

It certainly doesn't seem like your footsteps / surfaces you walk on matter very much.

Hopeful or sticking with The Dark Mod?
---
# . . @ G . G K . < . #
#2TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 2/14/2014 8:13:02 PM
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQhxHmptS8
---
Steam: Sydite
#3ShadowThaReaperPosted 2/14/2014 8:15:19 PM
It looks like crap. Don't bother with it.

Just play the old ones.
#4Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 8:23:39 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQhxHmptS8

>.> thank you. Can't believe I forgot the link...
---
# . . @ G . G K . < . #
#5LoshadtPosted 2/14/2014 8:34:20 PM
Yeah, this is about what I expected. Also that guy shilling in the comments, why does this industry even bother with PR when their customers will do it for free?
---
Remember to hug you're waifu.
#6AsellusPosted 2/14/2014 8:47:00 PM
Not as bad as I was afraid it'd be, looked like the player had a nice set of options available at all times (so one up on Hitman there). The new Garret's voice is a bit bland though.
#7Cvdf3(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 8:51:58 PM
This is another case where I think had they just made the game a new IP it would have avoided any backlash. But the Thief name has recognition for sales I suppose.
---
# . . @ G . G K . < . #
#8ClouddxPosted 2/14/2014 8:54:17 PM
Quote:This is another case where I think had they just made the game a new IP it would have avoided any backlash. But the Thief name has recognition for sales I suppose.
@Cvdf3

I agree, the gameplay was pretty meh IMO.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#9Psycho_PoodlePosted 2/15/2014 2:58:00 AM
I noticed the level design was more linear. It looks like you're funneled from place to place like an Uncharted game or something. Also, something else I disliked is how the mission ended; it ends before Garrett really reaches his home tower. It would be more immersive if the mission didn't end until Garrett actually reached his room inside the tower.
---
Kneel, or you will be knelt.