This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Motherboard for an i5 4670?

#1staticxtreme5Posted 2/15/2014 3:13:29 AM
Wanting to build a PC, and I think I've decided I want an i5. It'll be primarily used for gaming. Is the 4670 the model I want? I have no interest in OCing, so I really don't want to shell out the extra for a k model.

My other question is what chipset do I want / need for this i5 (or whatever is agreed upon as the best non k model i5)? I want a mini ITX motherboard, so what would you recommend? The cheaper the better, but I don't want a bad motherboard or one that doesn't have the optimal chipset for the CPU. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
#2The Hulkster IIPosted 2/15/2014 3:41:51 AM
how much do you want to spend total and what do you want on the board
---
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, And That is True!
#3Flaktrooper123Posted 2/15/2014 4:52:53 AM
Generally if people want the K processor, you have to get Z87 motherboard. Though if you don't overclock, you are fine with B85.
#4staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 5:56:10 AM
The Hulkster II posted...
how much do you want to spend total and what do you want on the board

I'd like to spend under $60, but I don't see many options for the mini itx form factor, so I'll probably have to spend more. I don't really need much out of it, my build will use an EVGA 760 GPU, and 4gb of RAM, although I'll upgrade to 8 in the near future. Maybe a couple case fans, but nothing overkill. WiFi would be nice but I know that's more of a feature I'd have to pay $100+ for, so its definitely not a deal breaker.