This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Suggest me a good wireless keyboard and mouse for gaming

#11promo123(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 7:45:20 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
ITP: Things like USB extenders don't exist.

There's also the fact that the only wireless mechanical keyboards I know of are manufactured by iOne, which makes terrible products.

So I should get a mechanical keyboard for gaming? So far this is the only somewhat useful post in this topic.
---
Everybody's havin' a good time with Poppy Bros!
#12PraetorXynPosted 2/18/2014 8:04:58 PM
promo123 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
ITP: Things like USB extenders don't exist.

There's also the fact that the only wireless mechanical keyboards I know of are manufactured by iOne, which makes terrible products.

So I should get a mechanical keyboard for gaming? So far this is the only somewhat useful post in this topic.

It's not necessary, but when someone uses the words "good" and "keyboard" together, mechanical is what they're looking for. They last longer, they give a more comfortable typing experience, and generally have better build quality.

They're more expensive though, and among them there are various different kinds.

Best bang for your buck is the CM Quickfire line because they have similar quality to a Filco and use Costar stabilizers, for around $70-$90 depending on what Cherry MX switches you get.

Assuming you're going to have some sort of table in front of your sofa to set the peripherals on, I don't see the big deal in just using USB extenders to have long cables. Since you mentioned a home theatre I'm assuming you might be running speaker wire or such under the baseboards anyway, so that might be an option.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#13DV8ingSourcesPosted 2/18/2014 8:12:41 PM
Really loving my k800 keyboard... use a wired mouse though. The logitech k800 has a decent battery, is backlit when touched and has much nicer feeling 'rubber domes' than those of old. Much closer to a laptop keyboard with scissor switches. Not sure what the max range is but I've used it at about 15 feet without issue.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB RAM | 770 + 670 physx | 256 SSD | 8TB HDD | Win 8.1 64bit | ax1200w | CM690II
Steam: DV8ing1