This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns of Icarus on sale on the Steam daily deal, would love some opinions.

#1Justice98405Posted 2/17/2014 4:38:34 PM
I REALLY want to get this, I've seen gameplay footage off Youtube, it looks REALLY fun, I love the concept and it just looks like a blast. And it's less than 4 dollars. The reason I am holding back from an outright buy is this.

The game is INSANELY team focused, and that's awesome, but I don't PC game very much at all, and know NO ONE who has this game. How viable will it be for me to get into this game and have some fun? Chance of maybe being able to find some people to play with on a somewhat regular basis, or whatever?

That is really the only thing holding me back from an outright buy at this sale price. Also, voice chat, how easy is it? I have a Wired 360 Controller and a 360 Headset, so that's how I chat with PC, be it Skype or whatever. Does the game have in-game chat channels, and will I be able to use them easily?
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2KaiRyusakiPosted 2/17/2014 4:40:43 PM
It's $1 at http://www.groupees.com/bm11

I have 0 opinions on the game. Just saving you money.
#3Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 4:50:46 PM
I've never seen this bundle dealer before. They're legit and on the up and up? That seems like a REALLY good deal, maybe too good. Makes me want to be cautious. Doesn't seem to say if it's a Steam key or not either.

Also, one more for the game itself. If I were to buy the 4-pack of the game on Steam, is there a time limit on when I need to give the other 3 copies to my friends?
---
To the mattresses.
#4GambitMarkPosted 2/17/2014 4:55:53 PM
It is only $4, I'd say go for it. I mean, you like it, you've seen the videos for yourself. I still play a couple old games on Steam like Sniper 2 or Sniper V2 and a lot of people still play it. It's also on sale, so you will find a lot of people who've never plated it before, but only bought it because it was on sale, try it out.

All I am saying is: 1. You like it.
2. It is on sale.
3. You want to play.
Buy it.
#5calcyclePosted 2/17/2014 5:06:23 PM
groupees is fine, just because you aren't used to other bundle dealers doesn't mean they are thieves.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#6Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 5:14:27 PM
I didn't say they WERE thieves, I was just being cautious. You know, careful. :)

Looked good, and only a dollar, I jumped in, my Steam download is actually just now getting done!

KaiRyusaki, thanks SO much for the link. I was pretty much going to buy the Steam sale one, but this makes it even better.

Anyone got the game and wants to exchange Friend info on Steam?
---
To the mattresses.
#7KaiRyusakiPosted 2/17/2014 5:15:32 PM
Groupees is trustworthy.

Indiegala as well.
those 2 and humble i buy frequently from so dont worry.

bundlestars and indieroyal.

GoI:O has been $1 before so it's not that surprising
#8JJH777Posted 2/17/2014 6:22:30 PM
Groupees has been the best bundle site for like the last year. Especially since HB made the bonus games require the above average tier... That is still really dumb.
---
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
#9thatauthorPosted 2/17/2014 7:58:37 PM(edited)
They're legit and on the up and up?

most definitely. I've gotten 4 bundles for myself and one gift bundle from them. the last one is the steampunk 2 bundle, which includes the following(all for one American dollar):
6 games(some of which have keys and DRM free versions)
5 short story packs
5 sets of music(for a total of 39 songs)
3 comics
the possibility of at least another item(a movie called Dimensions: A Line, A Loop, A Tangle of Threads)

sure it's one of the more exceptional bundles and might no be all(after all there's a lot of speculative genre(aka scifi and fantasy stuff) but still. the smallest bundle I got for myself was the build a bundle one and only because I chose to get less. they even threw in a free game for that one because(i presume) there was trouble with one of them. I still got 8 things and the free game(9 total)
---
Leave it to the atheist to have to explain a religious joke... ~ RaptorLC
#10TimePharaohPosted 2/17/2014 7:36:22 PM
Justice98405 posted...
Doesn't seem to say if it's a Steam key or not either.

Other then literally saying redeemable on Steam....no totally not
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png