This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guns of Icarus on sale on the Steam daily deal, would love some opinions.

#11Marioface5Posted 2/17/2014 9:41:08 PM
It's worth pointing out that despite being a paid game it has microtransactions for cosmetic items. Some people might not care about that, but it's enough to keep me away from it at any price.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#12arleasPosted 2/17/2014 9:43:56 PM
it has microtransactions for cosmetic items.

So did TF2 before it went F2P... but yeah, cosmetic items.. Oh no! I won't be able to look as fashionable as the other players who spent money... totally Pay to win (the fashion show).
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3201564081.png
#13OrgeLambartPosted 2/17/2014 10:01:38 PM
Groupees and Indie Gala have the best bundles, they switch them up fairly often, and loads of good games.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#14Zer0theNightPosted 2/17/2014 10:03:54 PM
awesome team based game.. i highly recommend it. be warned tho. VC is a must to be competitive.
---
PSN = Dreamthend1e
[ Clevo p150hm | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 16gb ram | Nvidia GTX670MX 3gb | 750gb HDD ]
#15Zer0theNightPosted 2/17/2014 10:05:08 PM
Zer0theNight posted...
awesome team based game.. i highly recommend it. be warned tho. VC is a must to be competitive.

didnt see the questions.. the userbase seems very friendly and yes it has an in game VC, just press X
---
PSN = Dreamthend1e
[ Clevo p150hm | i7 3630QM 2.4ghz | 16gb ram | Nvidia GTX670MX 3gb | 750gb HDD ]
#16Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:07:58 PM
"It's worth pointing out that despite being a paid game it has microtransactions for cosmetic items. Some people might not care about that, but it's enough to keep me away from it at any price."

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but in this particular case, it's being a bit silly, and here's why.

Past the obvious 'this game ONLY charges real money for cosmetic only items that have NO EFFECT on the gameplay' thing, here's an even bigger one.

You rarely really see what people look like. You are on a crew of 4, and it's first person view, so you don't see yourself. And if you are spending time gawking and what your crewmates look like, you are not piloting, manning the guns, making repairs or doing something else important. You also don't see the people on the enemy and ally ships, they're too far away, even when you are in ramming distance. And lastly, the only time you REALLY see everyone's avatar is at the game over/post game part, where you get a brief shot of each ship's crew, and THEN you'll see people and what they look like.

That's it.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#17Zer0theNightPosted 2/17/2014 10:11:04 PM
Justice98405 posted...
"It's worth pointing out that despite being a paid game it has microtransactions for cosmetic items. Some people might not care about that, but it's enough to keep me away from it at any price."

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but in this particular case, it's being a bit silly, and here's why.

Past the obvious 'this game ONLY charges real money for cosmetic only items that have NO EFFECT on the gameplay' thing, here's an even bigger one.

You rarely really see what people look like. You are on a crew of 4, and it's first person view, so you don't see yourself. And if you are spending time gawking and what your crewmates look like, you are not piloting, manning the guns, making repairs or doing something else important. You also don't see the people on the enemy and ally ships, they're too far away, even when you are in ramming distance. And lastly, the only time you REALLY see everyone's avatar is at the game over/post game part, where you get a brief shot of each ship's crew, and THEN you'll see people and what they look like.

That's it.

apparently you purchased it :P
---
PSN = Dreamthend1e
#18Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:16:28 PM
I did, it was only a dollar in that bundle. And I actually bought two more, and gave them to the few people I know and play Minecraft with who also have Steam.

I've only played a little bit of it, but it is quite fun, you just have to find enough people, and hopefully get lucky and find cool and understanding people at that.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#19Marioface5Posted 2/17/2014 11:04:34 PM
arleas posted...
it has microtransactions for cosmetic items.

So did TF2 before it went F2P... but yeah, cosmetic items.. Oh no! I won't be able to look as fashionable as the other players who spent money... totally Pay to win (the fashion show).

Regardless of if it affects gameplay, I find it unacceptable to have microtransactions in any game that isn't F2P. And even then I avoid F2P games because I just dislike microtransactions in general. If you're okay with it, then that's fine, enjoy the game. But I know that some people aren't, and they deserve to know if a game is going to have microtransactions in it before they've spent their money.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5