This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The fact that Hearthstone is #4 has made me give up on humanity

#51imhomeless(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 8:25:41 PM
xLexLuth0rx posted...
Do you feel that anything you do has to reward you with something beyond the entertainment it provides while doing it?

If you ask people what the "fun factor" of Hearthstone was, a lot would say "opening packs". Hence, the entertainment value is largely built around something that's heavily gated behind a significant time or money investment.

It's like WoW. Most people don't run dungeons with strangers because they like coordinating with people who don't care about them/they don't care about, they do it because they want shiny new things for themselves.
#52Bossdog421Posted 2/17/2014 8:31:34 PM
imhomeless posted...
Guess there are a lot of people who still haven't learned the lesson others learned from Cataclysm, Diablo 3, and Starcraft 2.

Blizzard still makes the best games. Stop trying to be cool be cool by hating blizzard.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#53imhomeless(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 9:00:48 PM
Bossdog421 posted...
Blizzard still makes the best PC games.

ftfy... also doesn't mean their games are high-calibre, just that people are having a hard time accepting how much quality control the company has let slide. They used to develop games like they didn't just want to take the gold medal, they wanted to smoke the competition. Now they develop games like they've settled in to taking gold and just being a quarter-pace ahead.
#54imhomeless(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 9:02:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#55thedarklordx3Posted 2/21/2014 4:17:10 PM
2 things,

starcraft 2 is great and

imhomeless posted...
calcycle posted...
People like card games

Blizzard made a card game

A card game that costs $400 - $500 to get all the cards... imagine if each race in SC2 cost $60 to play. Don't know why people suddenly reason it as "okay" with a virtual card game.

real card games are no cheaper
---
I'm back to LoL for now (I also like maplestory and cabal online)
my internet is garbage again, but I'll try to manage and get my MMO fix.
#56calcyclePosted 2/21/2014 4:33:55 PM
Don't revive a dead topic. Let it die in peace.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#57CELTEKKPosted 2/21/2014 4:37:07 PM
Why would I waste time with Hearthstone if I can uhh... just go play Magic?
---
3770k @ 4.8ghz
psn:celtekk|steam:celtekk
#58Born LuckyPosted 2/21/2014 4:41:21 PM
I was going to post this yesterday, but then I thought . nah, just look it up yourself.

That never happened, so - wth is Hearthstone?

Never mind, I don't want to know.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#59JKatarnPosted 2/21/2014 4:54:53 PM
imhomeless posted...
CatToy posted...
imhomeless posted...
A card game that costs $400 - $500 to get all the cards... imagine if each race in SC2 cost $60 to play. Don't know why people suddenly reason it as "okay" with a virtual card game.

Like every card game ever.

Every physical card game ever. Where cards are made of paper and ink, that's wrapped in foil or packaged in cardboard boxes, to be sold at stores that have costs of employees working there from 8am - 10pm, electricity, heat...

Virtual card game: Cost is kilobytes of bandwidth when people buy cards. Game eventually runs itself and instead of needing employees all over the world to sell it, just need a team of 15 - 20 people that create an automated system then spend the time between expansions having drug-fueled orgies.

CatToy posted...
You aren't very bright are you?

I haven't spent any money on a virtual collectible card game. How much have you spent?

Wow, are you telling me that companies actually sell virtual items for real money?!?! Let me get this revelation to all the news outlets! Don't like it? Fine, nobody's asking you to, but we have enough cruft flooding these forums without throwing more crap on top of the pile.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#60JKatarnPosted 2/21/2014 4:58:54 PM
imhomeless posted...
LokiHero2 posted...
I'm having tons of fun with it and haven't spent a dime.

That won't last.

CatToy posted...
imhomeless posted...
I haven't spent any money on a virtual collectible card game. How much have you spent?

None, I don't play card games.

Then you're debating something you have very little understanding of.

daemon_dan posted...
You obviously have no idea what the majority of overhead for card games is... it's not the cardstock. It's not the ink. It's not the shelving fees. It's art design. Most of what you pay for when you buy cards, physical or virtual, is ART DESIGN

It isn't hard to draw things. The difficulty is mass-producing one picture so millions of people can have a copy of it.

And starting your argument by saying "overhead doesn't = cardstock/ink/shelving fees/shipping" practically tanked it before it even began.

Really...hmm, then why don't you show the thread a detailed drawing of a death-knight astride a spectral mount - shouldn't take you more than 5/10 minutes right? Your whole line of posts just reeks of QQ.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES