This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is hearthstone decent?

#1PezofpowerPosted 2/17/2014 8:47:45 PM
Debating picking yugioh back up, but if Hstone is decent i might go with that.

Also as an obscure aside, what's the the slang insult "pony' going around? is that a MLP thing or something?
#2RavenoussdPosted 2/17/2014 9:10:58 PM(edited)
decent yeah, i like to play it mostly drunk tho....lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFJoUBP54o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9J0ok18k_8
#3SteamsterPosted 2/17/2014 9:55:37 PM
Some people seem to find it really addicting and incredibly fun.

I think it's just OK.
#4hitokiri13Posted 2/17/2014 10:02:04 PM
Nice game to play while waiting for traffic clear up after work
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#5uankainkPosted 2/18/2014 4:14:50 AM
It is fun but the gameplay quite shallow and lack of variety
The original world of warcraft TCG is far more better, too bad Blizzard decide to dumbed it down
#6chris121691Posted 2/18/2014 4:38:42 AM
Time to D-D-D-DUEELLLL!!
#7__starsnostarsPosted 2/18/2014 4:41:53 AM
I haven't tried Hearthstone as I don't trust Blizzard not to design a game around monetizing every aspect of it. Especially after Diablo 3. I play M&M Duels of Champions which I really enjoy but I wouldn't recommend that either.

If you're looking for a card game I would say you should pick up one of Fantasy Flight's lcgs, Android Netrunner probably being the best one, but there are several to choose from depending on what interests you and/or your friends.
#8xpiritflarePosted 2/18/2014 4:52:29 AM
Pezofpower posted...
Debating picking yugioh back up, but if Hstone is decent i might go with that.

Also as an obscure aside, what's the the slang insult "pony' going around? is that a MLP thing or something?

It's good for what it is. Like someone else said, it does lack the depth of other card games though.

As for your second point, I'm thinking a Sony fanboy thing.
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#9R i c kPosted 2/18/2014 5:34:54 AM(edited)
It's a great game and it's free so there's no reason to not try it for yourself. It's simplified compared to other card games in order to make the games go quicker and for it to be more internet friendly. The average game lasts 10 minutes and the longest matches are like 20 minutes so it will be perfect for mobile devices once they release the iOS and Android versions.

As for the business model, it's an on-goingly developed game since they do plan on adding new sets of cards on a regular basis. On-goingly developed means a subscription or a cash shop. A lot of people don't seem to understand that and think that a straight-up retail purchase is an option Blizzard is neglecting which is silly. I actually prefer the F2P/cash shop model since it means spending money if and when you want. You don't have to worry about losing access to certain features or even your entire account just because you skip paying your sub fee for a month.

When it comes to F2P I don't spend anything until I've played for awhile and have deemed the game worth supporting so I played HS for awhile before spending a dime and I never felt I had to spend money. Some people will disagree but just doing the daily quests was enough to get an Arena run every other day and the Arena gives you some great prizes including a guaranteed booster pack and plenty of gold or dust (for crafting cards). It's one of the most generous F2P games I've ever played, honestly. I did end up spending a little but, like I said, I never felt I had to in order to keep playing.

---
The SilentCaay Channel - www.youtube.com/user/silentcaay
Competitive gaming featuring APB: Reloaded, Hearthstone and others.
#10Riot55555Posted 2/18/2014 6:06:02 AM
I really like it. Very addictive.
---
My competitive CS:S videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxqydBplX0&feature=channel_page&fmt=22