This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 users on 1 PC simultaneously

#1cjburn851Posted 2/18/2014 4:17:53 AM
I came across this program called SoftXpand which allows up to 2 or more users on one PC at a time. I'm curious if anyone has used it, and if it's worth looking into?

I do have mates over all the time, and I have had to use laptops and other PC's just to do a LAN party. All that's required is extra monitors, keyboards and mice, which sounds more convenient due to my setup.

Of course, I'd only be playing older games, so it shouldn't be too taxing.

This is how it works - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEHZ7COohTU
---
Gaming in the 90's > Everything else
#2DiehardFFv2Posted 2/18/2014 4:24:39 AM
Out of all the videos you could have picked, you used the one with a twelve year old.
---
3570k | Intel HD 4000 | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
#3cjburn851(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 4:29:50 AM
I can't view youtube videos that well, plus I'm nearly over the limit so, I grabbed one that I saw before.

It explains how to setup though.
---
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 2/18/2014 4:33:27 AM
That looks pretty cool. I used to do similar stuff with emulators. There was a GameBoy emulator that allowed link play, so that was some good fun with teh Pokemans.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
#5cjburn851(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:41:07 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That looks pretty cool. I used to do similar stuff with emulators. There was a GameBoy emulator that allowed link play, so that was some good fun with teh Pokemans.

Really?

Are you talkin coop play through the adventure with other people, or just the pokebattles?

I think I remember seeing an emulator that allowed link play. Especially would've been useful for that Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. I've always wanted to try that.

Ah, I found that emulator - The VisualBoy Advance Link emulator (VBALink)
---
#6MasterDonGeroPosted 2/18/2014 5:44:30 AM
cjburn851 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Really?

Are you talkin coop play through the adventure with other people, or just the pokebattles?

I think I remember seeing an emulator that allowed link play. Especially would've been useful for that Legend of Zelda: Four Swords. I've always wanted to try that.

Have you ever tried Ocarina of Time Four Swords?
---
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#7cjburn851(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:51:50 AM
MasterDonGero posted...
cjburn851 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Really?

Have you ever tried Ocarina of Time Four Swords?

OMG! Are you serious?!?

Ocarina of Time is my all time fav Zelda game. Probably because it was my very first Zelda game I played, but still, I never knew about this.
I am so gonna try this. I'm sure I can coax a couple of mates to play it again with me.

Oh man, this is awesome!

Now if only they can add coop to Super Mario 64, I'd be set.
---
#8MasterDonGeroPosted 2/18/2014 6:01:28 AM
cjburn851 posted...
OMG! Are you serious?!?

Ocarina of Time is my all time fav Zelda game. Probably because it was my very first Zelda game I played, but still, I never knew about this.
I am so gonna try this. I'm sure I can coax a couple of mates to play it again with me.

Oh man, this is awesome!

Now if only they can add coop to Super Mario 64, I'd be set.

Keep in mind that it focuses on one Link, along with various other issues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQfBO9Or0YQ
---
3570K (4.5 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#9AndomorPosted 2/19/2014 1:31:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ydw_eG98yVWgkEdIvBywfSXDpPvgRvq

Here is my video how easy to play with softxpand im sure your zelda will run smothly :)
if you got question come on skype : Andrew162
#10BogePosted 2/19/2014 2:41:34 PM
Enough about the emulator stuff. How awesome is the SoftXpand software? A few months ago I was wondering about something like this and looking for something. Does this actually work the way you'd hope? Like 2 separate computers? Or are their issues that really make using it kind of iffy?

What I'd like to do with it is set up a family computer for kids to use so they aren't fighting over it.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png